Sergio Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
That post shows a distinct lack of understanding of what City's standing actually is amongst European football. Whether or not we're a 'regular' CL team today has no baring on the fact we more than likely will go on to be one in the coming decade. Aguero is no more sought after than Silva, Balo, or even Tevez were when they moved to City.

Having said all that, I believe that he's viciously overpriced and only Roman is going to be stupid enough to stump up that kind of cash for a player who has only every done it in fits and starts rather than consistently over a whole season. Same as I can see him spunking way over the odds on Neymar too...and even Lukaku if push comes to shove and the boy really wants to go there rather than come to City.
See I knew I'd be misunderstood. It has nothing to do of what City is destined to become, its what the player is looking for. In his own words, a regular CL contender. Considering this is your first time in the CL, you cannot claim to be a regular CL contender.

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:
That post shows a distinct lack of understanding of what City's standing actually is amongst European football. Whether or not we're a 'regular' CL team today has no baring on the fact we more than likely will go on to be one in the coming decade. Aguero is no more sought after than Silva, Balo, or even Tevez were when they moved to City.

Having said all that, I believe that he's viciously overpriced and only Roman is going to be stupid enough to stump up that kind of cash for a player who has only every done it in fits and starts rather than consistently over a whole season. Same as I can see him spunking way over the odds on Neymar too...and even Lukaku if push comes to shove and the boy really wants to go there rather than come to City.
See I knew I'd be misunderstood. It has nothing to do of what City is destined to become, its what the player is looking for. In his own words, a regular CL contender. Considering this is your first time in the CL, you cannot claim to be a regular CL contender.

I think you're the one misunderstanding mate. Being a regular in the CL over the last 10 years has zero baring on whether or not you're going to be a regular in the next 10 years. Anyway, i think you're taking what Aguero has said way too literally. Lukaku said the other day he was going to a club "in the top 3 in England who play in front of 50,000 people every week" - does that then rule Chelsea out?

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:

I agree Castiel. As soon as I saw that quote I figured we were out, but could just be a way to signal the club he wants to come get him.. Real.. but not sure AM would let happen. Its still early yet, who knows CIty might be the only club that offers anywhere near enough.

BillyShears said:
I think you're the one misunderstanding mate. Being a regular in the CL over the last 10 years has zero baring on whether or not you're going to be a regular in the next 10 years. Anyway, i think you're taking what Aguero has said way too literally. Lukaku said the other day he was going to a club "in the top 3 in England who play in front of 50,000 people every week" - does that then rule Chelsea out?
Talking about figuratively about statistics is different to talking about status. Again, I say without offence; that City has yet to prove their status on the European stage to players looking for that. Look at Spurs last season, had a good run, got to the quarter finals, do you think players like Aguero would consider them for their move based on that? Thats the point I'm getting at.

Some players don't care about that, but Aguero has said that he does. He's leaving his boyhood club to get that.

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:

City are not a regular CL contender...of course they aren't because it's the first time!

But players aren't always looking at that. The present is what matters. And ManCIty is there along with Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal as the most attractive english club to go to.

Liverpool is still pretty much there. Because of their history. Even if their present situation is not that attractive.

But...Chelsea have an old squad and they need an overhaul soon. and with the FFP rules...can Roman spend enough to complete the overhaul? Or is he just trying to spend to get that CL trophy and then leave Chelsea? That would be a disaster for Chelsea..but could also happen.

I think every player that joins us knows that the club is in the CL and is there to stay. Aswell as win trophies. It doesn't matter if you haven't been there before.

And btw..Tottenhams situation is different. All the players know that here are some great players. And the club is the worlds richest and have a very big project to become one of the best clubs in the world.

While at Tottenham..they got a few good players aswell as players like: Defoe, Crouch, Palacios..etc. And they aren't financially there with City, United, Chelsea..

BlueCityfan said:
City are not a regular CL contender...of course they aren't because it's the first time!
You made my point with that line.

If you want to talk about Chelsea's squad make a thread in the general football forum and I'll answer you, don't like hijacking threads and going offtopic.

My point is of course based on what he has said to the press, and what he is looking for doesn't fit City or Liverpool's description YET. I have no doubt that you're in the CL to stay, but you haven't proven it because this is your first attempt.

Castiel said:
BillyShears said:
Talking about figuratively about statistics is different to talking about status. Again, I say without offence; that City has yet to prove their status on the European stage to players looking for that. Look at Spurs last season, had a good run, got to the quarter finals, do you think players like Aguero would consider them for their move based on that? Thats the point I'm getting at.

Some players don't care about that, but Aguero has said that he does. He's leaving his boyhood club to get that.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I don't think you can particularly read too literally into what Aguero said...and again, as I said, when players like Silva and Balo can join us when we're not playing in the CL, I struggle to see why any player wouldn't want to join us this summer...

Castiel said:
BlueCityfan said:
You made my point with that line.

If you want to talk about Chelsea's squad make a thread in the general football forum and I'll answer you, don't like hijacking threads and going offtopic.

My point is of course based on what he has said to the press, and what he is looking for doesn't fit City or Liverpool's description YET. I have no doubt that you're in the CL to stay, but you haven't proven it because this is your first attempt.

City signed players like David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli while not being in CL. It's not like Aguero is any bigger than our current players.

Aguero is not after a move to a club that has been in the CL and has been fighting for trophies. He is after a move to a club that is in the CL and is looking to fight for trophies. And City fit the bill. It's not like you have to be proven CL contender...City still finished joint second with Chelsea.

Most of the fans around the world knows it's just the beginning..and the players aren't different.

Im not saying Aguero will come to City. I have no personal desire to have him either. And it looks like we aren't even interested at the moment. Just saying that City are a club that he could join. If there is interest.

BlueCityfan said:
City signed players like David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli while not being in CL. It's not like Aguero is any bigger than our current players.

Aguero is not after a move to a club that has been in the CL and has been fighting for trophies. He is after a move to a club that is in the CL and is looking to fight for trophies. And City fit the bill. It's not like you have to be proven CL contender...City still finished joint second with Chelsea.

Most of the fans around the world knows it's just the beginning..and the players aren't different.

Im not saying Aguero will come to City. I have no personal desire to have him either. And it looks like we aren't even interested at the moment. Just saying that City are a club that he could join. If there is interest.
Aguero is 3rd top scorer in the league behind Ronaldo and Messi, and thats a consistent figure. The midfield behind him is worth less than Messi alone. He has outscored the likes of Villa, Benzema, Pedro and Higuain in a VASTLY inferior team. He's a little more high profile than most.

The reason I've said this is because he had said that he's looking for a regular contender. He said it himself in those words! Not a future regular (City) or a past regular (Liverpool) because he had both at Atletico - a current regular contender. In a few seasons City WILL prove that they are, but until that time, players looking for that will choose the likes of Inter, United, RM, Barca, Chelsea and Milan (money permitting) first.

Castiel said:
BlueCityfan said:

Aguero is 3rd top scorer in the league behind Ronaldo and Messi, and thats a consistent figure. The midfield behind him is worth less than Messi alone. He has outscored the likes of Villa, Benzema, Pedro and Higuain in a VASTLY inferior team. He's a little more high profile than most.

The reason I've said this is because he had said that he's looking for a regular contender. He said it himself in those words! Not a future regular (City) or a past regular (Liverpool) because he had both at Atletico - a current regular contender. In a few seasons City WILL prove that they are, but until that time, players looking for that will choose the likes of Inter, United, RM, Barca, Chelsea and Milan (money permitting) first.

Yeah. And Lukaku said that he wants to play in a stadium with 50k fans. When Chelsea only have like 40k. And City have even bigger crowds in 45k.

It still looks like Lukaku will be going to Chelsea. Just because a player says something doesn't mean he end up doing it. Things and plans can change. I would say that Tevez is better than Aguero atm...so he would certainly not be a bigger player than many of Citys current players. And btw..do you think and do you want that Aguero will join Chelsea?

I dont think he will. Neymar, Lukaku, Torres, Drogba, Sturridge, Aguero etc...how many top strikers do you want? :D

Aguero is most likely not even a Chelsea target. And if Real aren't interested.

Then there isn't many options for him.

Even Juve could be a possible destination for him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.