Sergio Aguero.

He lives off the smart pass. When he is not getting many, it makes him look bad. However, his workrate at times is immense and other times looks like he is not arsed for a while, but is recovering for the next set of sprints and opportunities. Looked a bit like he was not arsed in the second half, but look at the ground he covered and the INTELLIGENT RUN he made in the 83rd minute to receive the ball and slot it home, on the run, with his first touch.

THAT is a striker! Today, even though he scored the winner, it was Dzeko that overshadowed him, both with his workrate, but his break from the 6 yard box to beat two Arsenal players to the ball, bring it under control along the line, bring it inside while looking for the outlet and then being able to make the pass.......THAT is a PLAYER!

Not an inspired performance by the reserve team, but, more importantly, a good scrapping performance and an excellent win that puts us into a two-legged semi final with (probably) Liverpool or ManUre, and another exciting chapter in the growth and development of OUR club!

No way is he a "fox in the box". No way would Roberto have brought him in if that was his role. We can play all 3 strikers at once because none of them have the same role. Dzeko is the CF who needs a strike partner to draw a few defenders off, Aguero is the striker who plays off of him, and Balotelli plays a wider role to cut in when there's space.

As soon as they start dropping back and annoying the opposition's midfielders to prove their defensive worth, I don't doubt that all 3 of them can be used at the same time to great success. We won't see it any time soon because of Bobby's rotation policy but I think it will happen. It definitely sounds mouth-watering (without even considering the quality of players supplying them).

ChicagoBlue said:
He lives off the smart pass. When he is not getting many, it makes him look bad. However, his workrate at times is immense and other times looks like he is not arsed for a while, but is recovering for the next set of sprints and opportunities. Looked a bit like he was not arsed in the second half, but look at the ground he covered and the INTELLIGENT RUN he made in the 83rd minute to receive the ball and slot it home, on the run, with his first touch.

THAT is a striker! Today, even though he scored the winner, it was Dzeko that overshadowed him, both with his workrate, but his break from the 6 yard box to beat two Arsenal players to the ball, bring it under control along the line, bring it inside while looking for the outlet and then being able to make the pass.......THAT is a PLAYER!Not an inspired performance by the reserve team, but, more importantly, a good scrapping performance and an excellent win that puts us into a two-legged semi final with (probably) Liverpool or ManUre, and another exciting chapter in the growth and development of OUR club!

I followed Aguero before he came on the European scene. That was one player I always coveted him for City. Thank God it was realized. Kudos & thanks to the Sheikh!
He may not be Maradona but as close as can be in my esteem. He can score! His strike rate is awesome & comes from every corner of the box. Even from spots or situations that you don't even expect!

IMO whenever either two of the trio (Aguero, Dzeko or Mario) play I can almost guarantee that City will win matches in the PL. Our opponents will have 2 formidable strikers to contend. A nightmare for the defense!

It was a good move by Mancini to bring Kun earlier. Dzeko looked livelier & more effective thereafter.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 am --<br /><br />If not for the 12th man I believe we would have left with 3 points from Anfield :)

I'd seen quite a lot of Aguero before he came to City and was saying to a few of my mates, who hadn't seen much of him that the guy is a class act. He's still finding his feet in the Prem and when he gets to the pace of the game and knows his team mates and Mancini's style of play better he will be even better. The best is yet to come from this guy, what we've seen already is just an appetiser !

Chris Mac said:
I'd seen quite a lot of Aguero before he came to City and was saying to a few of my mates, who hadn't seen much of him that the guy is a class act. He's still finding his feet in the Prem and when he gets to the pace of the game and knows his team mates and Mancini's style of play better he will be even better. The best is yet to come from this guy, what we've seen already is just an appetiser !
So, you're saying that he's not even started yet :)

Had a nice little stroll about the pitch for half an hour then suddenly realised that he might have to put himself about a bit. Still settling into the prem and still not sure if he's fully fit. Looked tired and gotta remember that the lad was playing in the copa America this summer which won't be helping. Gonna be a class act I just can't wait til we see his all round game at its best

The Future's Blue said:
Chris Mac said:
So, you're saying that he's not even started yet :)
He's just warming up !

He is pure class and can only get better as his team mates get used to how he wants the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.