Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
12m wasted if we loan him out, that 12m could have gone towards a better lb

It's the downside of the city group that Manchester city buy players with no intent of playing for the club
It's used to farm players and stop's others buying them or gets players a passport work permit

It's the downside of the city group that Manchester city buy players with no intent of playing for the club
It's used to farm players and stop's others buying them or gets players a passport work permit
Why is it a downside, as long as we are honest with a player. If we can profit from it or turn up a good player for ourselves all the better.

If that is our strategy, one might wonder why we didn’t sign him the moment the transfer window opened and before Cucurela’s price rose almost as fast as an energy bill…
Because I think we believed that we could sign Cucurella for around £40m. Plus at the start of the window we still had Zinchenko.

Because I think we believed that we could sign Cucurella for around £40m. Plus at the start of the window we still had Zinchenko.
Suspect we knew Zinchenko was leaving before the season ended, and last summer’s shenanigans should have informed us better about getting a contracted player below his club’s valuation.

Immaterial now anyway.

I think he needs more than a few weeks mate, keep him until at least January and give him some games in the Carabou cup and see how he performs.

More for the transfer window closing mate? Pep will know in a week or two if he can stay with us or needs loaned out? Bloody Girona seems like the death of a career anyone we’ve sent there though in recent times?

More for the transfer window closing mate? Pep will know in a week or two if he can stay with us or needs loaned out? Bloody Girona seems like the death of a career anyone we’ve sent there though in recent times?
I think if we manage to get one of our lb targets in, then Gomez will probably be loaned out. However, if we don't sign another lb then Gomez will stay and along with JWE will cover for Cancelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.