Sergio's Offside, factually definitive or interpretive ?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by trublue55, 18 Apr 2019.

1. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Just in case anyone wanted to be more frustrated this morning, compare and contrast VAR’s decision last night with VAR’s decision in the away leg.

(Also: notice where the ball is in the freeze frame for their goal, and where it is for our goal; hint — Sergio was running *back* from an offside position.)

2. Uptop

Uptop

I have yet to see anything that shows 100% Aguero was offside, can someone show me a pic showing it with the line to last defender? How close was it considering they seemed to decide it was offside very quickly compared to every other VAR decision.

BlueTG likes this.
  3. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I’ve been searching for a freeze frame of the sequence for our goal that has the ball in the normal position for offside assessment on Twitter all morning and can’t find it.

I am sure someone will eventually do it and it will likely show Sergio *just* level. And UEFA will say it is not how offside is assessed, even though Son’s goal was ruled onside with the ball travelling off the Spurs player’s foot (rather than on to it) for the assessment in the away leg.

DTeacher likes this.
  4. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

I said after the first leg post match that son was clearly offside . Did var check for offside?

5. City & Blue Brazil

City & Blue Brazil

There is a picture from bt on the guardian website which does seem to show Sergio is just offside.

6. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    As long as Bernando's flick is counting as a pass, Aguero is clearly in offside, not sure how anyone can call that "in line" or whatever. It's clear offside.

7. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

It looks offside to me (Aguero)

BosnianBlue likes this.
  8. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

That’s the one circulating that is frozen on the wrong frame. We still need one showing where Sergio was when the ball came off Bernardo’s leg, not when it was striking it. I’ve tried to find it but have not come across it yet. May have to try to create it from my match recording later.

Stoned Rose and DTeacher like this.
  9. Damanino

Damanino

And people dont want VAR when even after replays they still disagree if he was on or off. If VAR just helps to solve 20% of these issues its already a good thing.

10. ctid1894

ctid1894

The image you’re looking at is clearly not taken when the ball is played by Bernardo. The ball hadn’t even touched him, let alone bounced off him (rule - when the ball is played), so you’re talking complete and utter bollocks. The ball is the wrong side of his leg unless he played it back to Eriksen which he clearly didn’t.