Sh*t tactics

At least we had tactics and organization! For the last year and a half we've been playing largely without. We weren't perfect, but given that we basically had 10 of our 12 fully fit senior outfield players out there (Petrov and Benjani the others), there's only so much you can do.

It hurts but this team has grown up a lot in the past month, the future looks bright, and with a couple of quality additions in some key areas (another central midfielder for a start) this will be a quality side.

Think of the players who really stood up tonight: De Jong was fucking fantastic in the first half, Tevez, Vinnie, Zab, Bellers and Boyata who didn't have a perfect night but showed a lot of maturity.

Mancini played the right tactics for the players he had available, with a weak back four thanks to injury and a c*nt of an ex manager who got rid of the two players who would have made a huge difference, and signed crocks.

We were down to one creative midfield player in SI, who looks decidedly lightweight without Elano along side, and badly need a playmaker,

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
I'm very disappointed in Mancini's tactics.

After the first game he should have learned that you cannot sit back all the time against them - particularly with our defence.

Not good enough Mancini!

Have to agree there mate. Plus Bellamy got himself that worked up, he put himself off his own game.

Only not there yet.

Mancini looked to counter attack on the wings but that didn't happen really well.

Give him time and the right players and we'll have a team that hits back through the very centre. That'll really kill.

lostgalaxy said:
Only not there yet.

Mancini looked to counter attack on the wings but that didn't happen really well.

Give him time and the right players and we'll have a team that hits back through the very centre. That'll really kill.
The tactics were spot on, not negative, the back four played well, it's our midfield that's not upto it. In the 2nd half they tired and let Utd play in front of our back four. Mancini has a very small pool of central mids to pick from, so small that our right back was picked in there. Ireland isn't in form at the moment and we have no alternative, the way De Jong sits so deep he invites the opposition to push up. If I were to strengthen anywhere it would be central midfield.

Neil McNab said:
If I were to strengthen anywhere it would be central midfield.

I'd agree with that. We need a central midfield player that can dominate games and drive us forward.

I am as gutted as the next man, but I really don't think we got it wrong.

We were beaten over two legs by an injury time goal... that was it. If we would have scored it, the media / forums would have been saying how Mancini got it right and how he is a tactical genius!

We had chances to score, we clearly have team spirit by the way we came back in both games, we have most of our defenders out, not to mention Robbi, Ade and RSC!

Plus Tevez looks world class and Boyata a real find.

We reached the semi, we're in the fifth round of FA cup and looking ok for fourth... our time will come boys, oh yes it will!

Keep faith, I think he did the best he could given the circumstances.

I'm working in town today with a load of rag twats, but i'm gonna wear my City scarf and give em loads.

CTID

I thought we were little overawed by the occasion in both matches, vs a team that has plenty of big game experience. A good hit out though and plenty of that squad will learn from that and we'll be better for it.

If I was told we'd have had Boyata, Garrido and Kompany at the back a month or so ago I'd have expected a hiding at the rag but they stood up.

Ireland should have started but I think we're going well under Mancini. Bellamy, Tevez, Richards were brilliant though so well done to them.

Will help us immensely in the F.A Cup games to follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.