Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent tonight. Played some superb football. Wasteful though, It would matter against better sides.
Why, oh why, do posters feel the need to add this to their comments?
We're playing in the Champions League for god's sake! All the teams we play are at (or very close to) the top of their respective leagues, or they wouldn't be in the competition. Even allowing for the fact that some leagues are better than others, all the clubs are there on merit.
Apart from the odd blip we have had, in any competition, we still concede fewer shots or goals than most other teams in Europe,and that is purely down to the way we manage a game. We now have the ability to raise our game aginst these "better" sides, and adapt our tactics where necessary, eg at the buswreckers, who have the greatest forward line the world has ever seen.
Most of the other "better" sides are going through a transition period at present. Barca, Real, Bayern Juve, and even the rags (sic), are rebuilding, whereas our team is almost the finished article.
Personally, I'm not overally worried about our missed chances, as we're creating them, although I'd like to see more of them converted. It's at the other end that I'm more happy about the situation, as other teams don't get those chances due to the tacics being spot on irrespective of the quality of the opposition. We'll never be perfect.

But we're getting there.

The first-half performance was absolutely outstanding.....second-half was pretty good too!! Defended well when it mattered and broke effectively, on another night it would have been 5 or 6. Well played City

Napoli 2-4 was better considering the quality of the opposition.
Yeah can't argue with that. That said we weren't just good going forward, defensively we were brilliant.
Combine our attack with a really great defence and we have a real chance of going all the way in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.