Shamima Begum

I know the reason why they are trying to revoke her citizenship, but it doesn’t make it any less ridiculous (and globally unprecedented ifaik) if she doesn’t have dual nationality. It’s like condemning a corpse to capital punishment. Everyone has to have a nationality and we can’t sidestep that just because she’s a ****.

Basically the sticking point in all this.
Overriding the law tends to cause problems.

I think they don't want to bring her back because she's not going to go to court, not going to be convicted of any offence and not going to gaol.

She'll be convicted if she comes back, no doubt about it, but it probably won't be a long enough sentence to satisfy either the Gov't or the public so that's why they're trying to prevent her from coming back.

I know the reason why they are trying to revoke her citizenship, but it doesn’t make it any less ridiculous (and globally unprecedented ifaik) if she doesn’t have dual nationality. It’s like condemning a corpse to capital punishment. Everyone has to have a nationality and we can’t sidestep that just because she’s a ****.
Yeah I know what your saying but she's sidestepped this country in not wanting to be part of it. Her citizenship being revoked, that's a big punishment in itself and sends a clear message. The trouble is the government have brought back hundreds just like her and thus lies a cink in our armour.

Let's convince the Kurds to try her over there, give them money give them whatever they need. That way justice will be served.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.