Shamima Begum

When did that end?
ask some residents now, it never did

like many brettons that reside on jersey do so because the consider themselves british not french, and wish brittany would return to UK control.

I lived there 10 years and still talk to many friends there, many consider themselves more french than british

ask some residents now, it never did

like many brettons that reside on jersey do so because the consider themselves british not french, and wish brittany would return to UK control.

I lived there 10 years and still talk to many friends there, many consider themselves more french than british

Do they want to pay VAT and income tax to the french government and give up their key sectors that could only exist in a tax haven?

It doesn't sound like a serious political campaign for separatism. It's just the Island's equivalent of green and gold scarves.

Ireland gained independence from being a bloody nuisance to control and govern, so obviously the UK government weren't going to give up control of Northern Ireland willing.

They gerrymandered the rump of Ulster to ensure a unionist majority, why would a crown dependency have been beneficial to ensuring the country stayed part of the UK.

The Crown dependencies each have their own unique relationship with the Crown. Making NI directly answerable to the Crown would have been a political coup for Irish Republicanism.

Last edited:
Do they want to pay VAT and income tax to the french government and give up their key sectors that could only exist in a tax haven?

It doesn't sound like a serious political campaign for separatism. It's just the Island's equivalent of green and gold scarves.

Ireland gained independence from being a bloody nuisance to control and govern, so obviously the UK government weren't going to give up control of Northern Ireland willing.

They gerrymander the rump of Ulster to ensure a unionist majority, why would a crown dependency have been beneficial to ensuring the country stayed part of the UK.

The Crown dependencies each have their own unique relationship with the Crown. Making NI directly answerable to the Crown would have been a political coup for Irish Republicanism.
really and honestly I don't care.

not sure how many times I can say my origianl question wasn't political or economical or social just a wondering what made NI different to other british islands overseas nations, just an inocent question that was answered early doors.

not sure why you are so bothered to keep mithering me on somwtbing not related to the thread.

seriously question asked, question answered, after that I habe no interest in a pointless conversation

really and honestly I don't care.

not sure how many times I can say my origianl question wasn't political or economical or social just a wondering what made NI different to other british islands overseas nations, just an inocent question that was answered early doors.

not sure why you are so bothered to keep mithering me on somwtbing not related to the thread.

seriously question asked, question answered, after that I habe no interest in a pointless conversation

Lol. Not sure why you think that's mithering.

Lol. Not sure why you think that's mithering.
well you kept replying when I clearly said I had no skin in the game and just sked a random question, seemed lime you wanted a discussion that wasn't there.

maybe I was wrong.

though at least the last 4 page broke up the monotomy of this thread ;-)

Well here’s a collectors item, I completely agree with Rees Mogg and he sums up exactly my issues with it.

Non paywall link -

Well here’s a collectors item, I completely agree with Rees Mogg and he sums up exactly my issues with it.

Non paywall link -

I logged on to say the same thing. It really comes to something when it takes Rees-Mogg to remind everyone of very basic principles of constitutional liberalism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.