Shamima Begum

The ECHR is a travesty anyway. If a sovereign country doesn’t have the legal right to enforce its own laws, then it is no longer a sovereign country!

The UK does have the right to enforce its own laws. It's only by a British Act of Parliament (much like the European Communities Act), the Human Rights Act 1998, that the ECHR sometimes takes precedence over English law (in the case of secondary legislation).

I agree that the way it's so vaguely drafted (purposefully) though is problematic.

We probably could do better than it, even if English lawyers were behind the ECHR.

If she was to come back and if she was somehow to end up outside of jail, she’d have to get a new identity as she wouldn’t be safe.

She'll probably have to be allowed back to the UK as international law stops us from making anyone stateless. There is a rarely used royal prerogative that allows us to rip up a person's UK passport though. I'm guessing there are enough terrorist related offences that can be pinned on her to put her in prison for a long time, but the problem may be that she was still a minor when she committed them. If so, stand by for her claiming to be the victim of isis grooming and living a fairly pleasant state funded life back here.

She most likely was the victim of isis grooming. I’m not advocating for her but find it hard to empathise with the inevitable pack mentality on this thread.

She most likely was the victim of isis grooming. I’m not advocating for her but find it hard to empathise with the inevitable pack mentality on this thread.

She’s pure evil and has taken some part in some of the worst atrocities imaginable, whilst showing no remorse.

Bollocks to her and anyone defending her.

Hell awaits ISIS members.

She’s pure evil and has taken some part in some of the worst atrocities imaginable, whilst showing no remorse.

Watching OGS scoring the winning goal on that famous night in Barcelona on a continuous loop 24/7.
With her eyes wired open as per Alex in A Clockwork Orange.

Frankly, as far as returnees from Syria go we've probably got bigger fish to fry. She's probably not done much more than been someone's sexual plaything and some domestic slavery. Meanwhile there are probably hundreds of young men that have actually taken part in fighting and terrorism slipping back into the UK unnoticed.

At some point someone somewhere is going to have to make a decision on this, making someone stateless is illegal and stupid. She's a British citizen no matter how vile she is, better to have her in a British prison then out there with no idea where or what she is up to.

Frankly, as far as returnees from Syria go we've probably got bigger fish to fry. She's probably not done much more than been someone's sexual plaything and some domestic slavery. Meanwhile there are probably hundreds of young men that have actually taken part in fighting and terrorism slipping back into the UK unnoticed.

She’s fitted suicide vests to jihadis, been present at beheadings and other atrocities.

She’s shown zero remorse and whilst I agree there are worse cases out there, it doesn’t mean we should be soft towards here.

Make her beg in Piccadilly Gardens.....The Manchester Bomb victims could have a chat with her as well
The Manchester Bombers mother still getting government hand outs right up to the time of the bombing, and she had left the country for Libya in October 2016. No wonder people are desperate to get into our country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.