Shamima Begum

I don’t see how she can be brought back here and tried in a Court of Law. There is no evidence, witnesses, forensics, anything. All her crimes took place thousands of miles away in the middle of a barren desert. How do we try that?

It’s a controversial opinion I know, but I believe her age when she made these terrible choices should be a consideration. Not to exonerate or excuse her actions, but to explain them and provide a marginal degree of context.

On the basis that she doesn’t have Bangladeshi citizenship, I think revoking her citizenship is a ridiculous idea btw. Absolutely preposterous.

She needs to be punished, severely so, but if she’s prepared to face that, and deal with the consequences of her actions, then she should be allowed back imo.

What punishment would you give her fella?

What punishment would you give her fella?
Firstly, she would have to formally admit associating with and assisting a proscribed terrorist organisation. On that basis (and this really is a finger in the air job) I would say (on the basis of her serving two thirds of her sentence) somewhere in the order of 25-30 years, would severely punish her, take her youth from her, serve as a deterrent to others, but still give her the opportunity to contribute positively to society and live a significant proportion of her life beyond being released.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.