Shamima Begum

Make up that spare room fella. Couple of teddies would be nice.

Put a lock on the cutlery drawer though;-)

So the choice is either butcher her or shack up with her. You reckon there maybe some middle ground we are skipping over?

Ah so now it’s violently dismember her or marry her :)

Someone has turned the hysteria level up to eleven.

When asked if she made a mistake going this was her response:

In a way, yes, but I don't regret it because it's changed me as a person.

It's made me stronger, tougher. I married my husband. I wouldn't have found someone like him back in the UK.

I had my kids. I did have a good time there, it's just that at the end things got harder and I couldn't take it anymore.

It’s hysterical defending this person.

Firstly, she would have to formally admit associating with and assisting a proscribed terrorist organisation. On that basis (and this really is a finger in the air job) I would say (on the basis of her serving two thirds of her sentence) somewhere in the order of 25-30 years, would severely punish her, take her youth from her, serve as a deterrent to others, but still give her the opportunity to contribute positively to society and live a significant proportion of her life beyond being released.

Unicef defines a child associated with an armed group (formerly called a child soldier) as "any person under 18 years of age who is or who has been recruited or used by an armed force or armed group in any capacity, including but not limited to… fighters, cooks, porters, messengers, spies or for sexual purposes."

By December 2017 ISIS had basically collapsed. Begum was still under 18 at that point. Considering the limited time that she could have spent in ISIS controlled territory over the age of 18 it is difficult to see her being guilty of any crime in a court.

Unicef defines a child associated with an armed group (formerly called a child soldier) as "any person under 18 years of age who is or who has been recruited or used by an armed force or armed group in any capacity, including but not limited to… fighters, cooks, porters, messengers, spies or for sexual purposes."

By December 2017 ISIS had basically collapsed. Begum was still under 18 at that point. Considering the limited time that she could have spent in ISIS controlled territory over the age of 18 it is difficult to see her being guilty of any crime in a court.

She was there right at the end of the collapse when they were on the run. She was 18 for long enough under ISIS.

When she was 19 she did the interview and I believe she hadn’t been in the camp long.

It’s terrifying to see so many willing to bend in anyway shape or form to defend this woman.

Thankfully we can convict under 18s of crimes in this country otherwise it'd be like Oliver Twist.

Never said butcher her;-) I get why you would not want her anywhere near you or your loved ones. Just put her near someone else's. Gotcha.

Fairly sure my loved ones are not currently banged up in Wandsworth nick, although haven’t heard from my eighty year old mum for a few days so there is always an off chance they would be sharing a cell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.