Shinawatra in the South Stand.

Gary James said:
peoffrey said:
Hopefully that City myth that his personal connections got us sold to Sheikh Mansour wasn't fuelling hugs and photos last night. The Abu Dhabi Group had been looking at a Premiership Club for a while and Garry Cook's presentation won them over. It'll be interesting to see whether that gaffe prone former Chief Exec will ever have to sit with the Fans one day! Although not with Thaksin by all accounts.

GC was key figure in selling City, but mustn't forget who brought him in either.

You could argue Cook's continued gaffes and inability to deal with the press far outweigh his sale of City in terms of good / bad. City were more sellable than other Clubs because of the Stadium already being in place. Being desperate to sell because of Thaksin's personal situation also helped...

peoffrey said:
Gary James said:
peoffrey said:
Hopefully that City myth that his personal connections got us sold to Sheikh Mansour wasn't fuelling hugs and photos last night. The Abu Dhabi Group had been looking at a Premiership Club for a while and Garry Cook's presentation won them over. It'll be interesting to see whether that gaffe prone former Chief Exec will ever have to sit with the Fans one day! Although not with Thaksin by all accounts.

GC was key figure in selling City, but mustn't forget who brought him in either.

You could argue Cook's continued gaffes and inability to deal with the press far outweigh his sale of City in terms of good / bad. City were more sellable than other Clubs because of the Stadium already being in place. Being desperate to sell because of Thaksin's personal situation also helped...

ADUG bought City as a marketing tool to sell Abu Dhabi and Eithad Airways. The fact that we are in United's backyard only increased their desire to latch onto their global merchandising network. The muted figures of 650 million viewers last night would not have occured if we were playing Chelsea or Arsenal for a title decider. It's the rags that bring in that sort of audience, and we just stole a huge slice of it.

Thanks for that rags.

Someone said he was sat in the South Stand but didn't believe them. Quality, fair play Shinawatra!

SWP's back said:
Think I'll go with Gary on this.

Cheers. I've met and spoken with Thaksin briefly - mind you half the South Stand have now! - and interviewed key figs who sold to him and who were involved in his sale.

People don't always tell the truth of course, but I'm happy with what I've been told.

The ones asking why he was not in the box's last night. I know where i would of been given either of those choices and that's right in the middle of the crowd, and not with the champagne swilling, beef wellington munching fuckers. :)

Actually if i had the choice i would of been in Liam's box getting bugled up to the max

peoffrey said:
Gary James said:
peoffrey said:

You could argue that, but you'd be wrong.

Gary James said:
peoffrey said:

Gary, did we approach Sheikh Mansour or was it the other way round? I think that ADUG looked at a few clubs but chose City. Did a few clubs put a "bid" in for the takeover and GC protracted City as a good club to invest in?

Dubai Blue said:
EVILBLUEANT said:
Dagnabbit i was gonna post that
My lad and Frank looking Pally
DSC00280.jpg

There's a professional-taken photo of your lad in the Mail:

article-2137519-12D938CC000005DC-57_634x428.jpg
He's got a f*cking platinum season card in his hand! Anyway, great picture of your son.

Frank's our very own Bond Villain, showsec probably didnt allow him to bring his white cat in with him, but i am fairly confident he has an underground bunker in an inactive volcano somewhere and a plan to take over the world at some point...

Someone got double bubble points for Frank sitting in their seat, wonder what he paid for the ticket

This is just one of the reasons i love being a blue....i mean there i am stood in the south stand and walking past is Shinawatra,then sitting a few rows in font of me.I go for a piss at half time and he is doing the same,getting mobbed by all the fans,a former head of state....unbelievable and only at City!!

This club just has and has always had something.....whether you are here 5 minutes or 50 years it just gets into your heart and soul.Once a blue,always a blue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.