Shinawatra in the South Stand.

What everyone has forgotten is that he claimed when he sold up that he would retain 10% of the club and that he would be a Life President, or something.

How the hell did he end up in the South Stand?

Surely he would have expected a director's box or at least corporate? What happened behind the scenes? WAs it a slap in the face from ADUG? Isn't he a high-security figure in Thailand?

Totally, totally wierd.

Didsbury Dave said:
What everyone has forgotten is that he claimed when he sold up that he would retain 10% of the club and that he would be a Life President, or something.

Surely he would have expected a director's box or at least corporate? What happened behind the scenes? WAs it a slap in the face from ADUG? Isn't he a high-security figure in Thailand?

Totally, totally wierd.

he was removed from that role years ago.

Didsbury Dave said:

Totally, totally wierd.
I think that effectively provides the answer to whether he helped or hindered the sale to ADUG. They clearly didn't want anything to do with him.

Didsbury Dave said:

Totally, totally wierd.

He had it all removed off him when he couldn't invest at the level that was necessary (i.e. for every 90p invested by Sheikh Mansour he'd have had to find 10p - never mind £90m & finding £10m).

I have to say that although some may think it's great that Thaksin was not given a seat in a VIP area, I do find it very odd that other former directors (some of whom played their part in some very black moments in the Club's history) are given and expect to be given VIP tickets for every game.

The guys a cock and a murderer who wiped his arse with the clubs name. I hope he never comes to the ground ever again.

Prestwich_Blue said:
article-2137519-12D94483000005DC-245_634x407.jpg

Despite all the myths about how he did this and that for us and sold us to the Sheikh (which I hope Gary James' book will finally banish) you have to hand it to the wily old rascal. That took some balls.

I was in meetings where he talked of his plans for City in 2007. Some were a bit bonkers, but others were very good and medium term. Without him City would not be where they are today - mind you had he stayed in 2008 then we also wouldn't be where we are today.

Whether we like it or not, he's as much a part of our weird and wonderful existence as Swales, Lee, Wardle, Bernstein, Khaldoon. Some good, some bad, but all a part of City - a bit like us fans.

Hopefully that City myth that his personal connections got us sold to Sheikh Mansour wasn't fuelling hugs and photos last night. The Abu Dhabi Group had been looking at a Premiership Club for a while and Garry Cook's presentation won them over. It'll be interesting to see whether that gaffe prone former Chief Exec will ever have to sit with the Fans one day! Although not with Thaksin by all accounts.

peoffrey said:
Hopefully that City myth that his personal connections got us sold to Sheikh Mansour wasn't fuelling hugs and photos last night. The Abu Dhabi Group had been looking at a Premiership Club for a while and Garry Cook's presentation won them over. It'll be interesting to see whether that gaffe prone former Chief Exec will ever have to sit with the Fans one day! Although not with Thaksin by all accounts.

GC was key figure in selling City, but mustn't forget who brought him in either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.