Shinawatra in the South Stand.

Yes, it's amazing what you can do with money in SE Asia.

S04 said:
Funny that, all and sundry label him a monster but his party wins every election with a landslide because he´s the only one that ever have tried to better the lot of the countrys poorest.

BTH said:
I love the Idea of Shinawatra in the South Stand. It's too ridiculous and puzzling for words! What a night!

I agree. This is absolutely incredible. Personally I wonder if he asked for tickets and to avoid it becoming a publicity stunt someone thought "Let's offer him tickets for the South Stand - he'll never turn up!" and then he does (and gets more publicity in the end!).

This is another of those bonkers City moments.

Bucharest Blue said:
I think were missing the most crucial part of this thread.....

Does anybody have a pic of his hot daughter??!

article-2137519-12D94092000005DC-695_634x382.jpg

Meh

halfcenturyup said:

S04 said:
Funny that, all and sundry label him a monster but his party wins every election with a landslide because he´s the only one that ever have tried to better the lot of the countrys poorest.

Well, his opposition had both money and the army behind them, but still lost. And I am feckin' insulted that you can even begin to think that my vote can be bought with money. :S

Hahaaa .... do me a favour.

Firstly, I don't give a fanny if you are insulted or not.

Secondly, if you are trying to tell me votes aren't bought are in Thailand, especially in the north and in the east, then you are deranged.

Thirdly, if you don't understand village life in Thailand and how it works, then I suspect you don't live in one.

Lastly, why I am even bothering? You are the one who said Thaksin was so worried about assassination, are you not? Clearly he isn't so worried that he won't go stand in public in a crowd of strangers after announcing he would be there, and having it confirmed by his son.

Really ..... enough now.

leeyiankun said:
halfcenturyup said:

S04 said:

Well, his opposition had both money and the army behind them, but still lost. And I am feckin' insulted that you can even begin to think that my vote can be bought with money. :S

Nobody would worry if there was a clean up campaign with accountability, but the thing is:

firstly, it is the police, the army and the politicians who control the drug trade in Thailand. If they aren't doing it themselves, they are getting bribes to stay away. So the campaign was only aimed at clearing the streets of the poor sods who get involved in drugs for small amounts of money. The big fish, as always, are free and getting richer.

secondly, the police in Thailand are hugely corrupt. So many of the people killed were just people someone else wanted out of the way: the police would do the deed for you, plant drugs after the fact and claim another success in the fight against drugs. You wouldn't believe the scams these people get up to for the smallest amount of money. Luckily for us at least, if you have money and contacts you are largely safe from this stuff.

But look, I said before I don't want to start a discussion on Thai politics, so let's try and leave that out of here.

As I said before, kudos to the guy for sitting in the stands even if I don't like him one bit as a person or a politician.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Don't know enough about the political situation in Thailand, but anyone who kills drug dealers is okay by me!

Gary James said:
BTH said:
I love the Idea of Shinawatra in the South Stand. It's too ridiculous and puzzling for words! What a night!

I agree. This is absolutely incredible. Personally I wonder if he asked for tickets and to avoid it becoming a publicity stunt someone thought "Let's offer him tickets for the South Stand - he'll never turn up!" and then he does (and gets more publicity in the end!).

I'm as stunned as you are.

I'll take a guess that there was a big fall-out after the takeover. Thaksin requested tickets for the game and was snubbed. So he used his contacts elsewhere to get him two, without realising he was in the worst seats in the house, surrounded by our most boisterous fans.

Completely and totally bizarre

Apparently he bought the tickets on the black market, at least that was what his son said in Thailand. Not that I believe much of what that family says.

It is bizarre, though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Gary James said:
BTH said:

I'm as stunned as you are.

I'll take a guess that there was a big fall-out after the takeover. Thaksin requested tickets for the game and was snubbed. So he used his contacts elsewhere to get him two, without realising he was in the worst seats in the house, surrounded by our most boisterous fans.

Completely and totally bizarre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.