Should jobs like police officer have fitness levels?

Seems like a fair wage to me, what about pension contributions etc? I bet these are rosy.
Rosy? Read my earlier posts-i pay just under £700 a month-so it should be good. New recruits come under the new pension scheme which is nowhere near as good-and they have to work longer and get less out.

I love this attitude, nobody forced you into the force.
You could always change job.
Folk who work in care homes face the same in their line of work for far less financial renumeration.
you honestly think care homes carry the same pressures and responsibilities, threats? ok.

Rosy? Read my earlier posts-i pay just under £700 a month-so it should be good. New recruits come under the new pension scheme which is nowhere near as good-and they have to work longer and get less out.

Can you give me details of the 'new pension scheme' please? Is it comparable to the private sector?

The police and the nursing profession were professionalised and many areas of the professions need degrees, what do they need degrees for when they didn't need degrees prior to the change? If care workers had to be degree educated to apply for these positions their wage would go up because of that, the middle classes would then support them more.

Low paid (Genuinely low paid) workers get shit on in this country.

The police don't need degrees. Just a half-decent set of GCSES +/- A-levels, and adequate screening to ensure no one too thick or psychopathic joins.
If you offered them a decent wage and allowed them to join at the age of 18, then maybe more would aspire to join the police

Nurses for the most part don't really do much academic training, it is mainly vocational training during their degree

Can you give me details of the 'new pension scheme' please? Is it comparable to the private sector?
It is comparable now-but the job isn't-and for the last 8 years there has been a year on year pay cut.

Tomorrow I will work 13.5 hours (including travelling) and be lucky to get 15 mins break-Can you do that in the private sector?

Last edited:
you honestly think care homes carry the same pressures and responsibilities, threats? ok.
Are all police facing theses things? Are the type you see on the many police fly on the wall programmes we see where they pull young lads over and seize small amounts of cannabis or pull someone over for minor motoring offences, are they facing those things? What about the ones who sit in a speed camera van all day?
Do police recruits not know how the job will be at times before joining? Like I said nobody forces anyone to join. Just like those in the armed forces, the police are seeing the establishment doesn’t give two shits about you deep down. Similar to the way they feel about folk working in other essential services who deserve just as much praise and remuneration as you.

Are all police facing theses things? Are the type you see on the many police fly on the wall programmes we see where they pull young lads over and seize small amounts of cannabis or pull someone over for minor motoring offences, are they facing those things? What about the ones who sit in a speed camera van all day?
Do police recruits not know how the job will be at times before joining? Like I said nobody forces anyone to join. Just like those in the armed forces, the police are seeing the establishment doesn’t give two shits about you deep down. Similar to the way they feel about several folk working in other essential services who deserve just as much praise and remuneration as you.

Cannabis is illegal.

Criminals drive cars-getting a criminal disqualified from driving is often an easier way of getting someone locked up than committing a burglary. If you don't stop cars, you don't catch criminals.

Speed camera vans are staffed by council employees.

Cannabis is illegal.

Criminals drive cars-getting a criminal disqualified from driving is often an easier way of getting someone locked up than committing a burglary. If you don't stop cars, you don't catch criminals.

Speed camera vans are staffed by council employees.
Dealing with kids driving cars illegally or seizing £20 worth of weed off them is hardly the frontline war zone you paint though. I’m sorry I cannot hero worship you because you chose to pursue a certain career where you may or may not get abused or have to do loads of paperwork. A career many were all to happy to do until you got shafted by the same people who had already shafted the rest of us.

I didn’t know about the council workers so I stand corrected on that.

I think the significant factor is the force and their work is changing. Maybe those who oversee the police have decided the type of police who the OP discusses are fine to police us and our communities. And if they’re happy to come in and do the job, knowing the pay and conditions - I don’t see a problem.

getting a criminal disqualified from driving is often an easier way of getting someone locked up than committing a burglary.
How do you get them locked up by committing a burglary, do you plant evidence?

Dealing with kids driving cars illegally or seizing £20 worth of weed off them is hardly the frontline war zone you paint though. I’m sorry I cannot hero worship you because you chose to pursue a certain career where you may or may not get abused or have to do loads of paperwork. A career many were all to happy to do until you got shafted by the same people who had already shafted the rest of us.

I didn’t know about the council workers so I stand corrected on that.

I think the significant factor is the force and their work is changing. Maybe those who oversee the police have decided the type of police who the OP discusses are fine to police us and our communities. And if they’re happy to come in and do the job, knowing the pay and conditions - I don’t see a problem.
You don't have a problem then when a drugged up driver or someone without insurance hits your car or injures you or your loved ones?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.