Should jobs like police officer have fitness levels?

I love this attitude, nobody forced you into the force.
You could always change job.
Folk who work in care homes face the same in their line of work for far less financial renumeration.

Care home workers are in my opinion the most undervalued workers in the country, followed closely by nursery workers, it's strange how we underpay (Significantly) the people we task to look after the most vulnerable in our society.

Care home workers are in my opinion the most undervalued workers in the country, followed closely by nursery workers, it's strange how we underpay (Significantly) the people we task to look after the most vulnerable in our society.

Now this is an area of underpayment worth highlighting.

I love this attitude, nobody forced you into the force.
You could always change job.
Folk who work in care homes face the same in their line of work for far less financial renumeration.

People join the force because they want to do the job,however they do expect a certain standard of living in exchange but unfortunately that side of the bargain has disappeared,hence why many are changing jobs and the standard of officer is dropping.

Workin in a care home is challenging and often thankless for sure,but it doesn't compare to the mental and physical challenges experienced on a daily basis in the services.

People join the force because they want to do the job,however they do expect a certain standard of living in exchange but unfortunately that side of the bargain has disappeared,hence why many are changing jobs and the standard of officer is dropping.

Workin in a care home is challenging and often thankless for sure,but it doesn't compare to the mental and physical challenges experienced on a daily basis in the services.

I don't agree with you at all, maybe if they professionalised it like they did to nursing and policing people would support it more.

Youve lost me

The police and the nursing profession were professionalised and many areas of the professions need degrees, what do they need degrees for when they didn't need degrees prior to the change? If care workers had to be degree educated to apply for these positions their wage would go up because of that, the middle classes would then support them more.

Low paid (Genuinely low paid) workers get shit on in this country.

So they’re leaving because they’re not happy? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.