Should John Terry be dropped.

the way i see it is that terry has stirred up something that should have been left in the dressing room. if he's not got the full support of all of the squad, then he should shut the fuck up. if he did have the support of the full squad then something needed saying but surely then it would be gerrard's job as captain.
gerrard needs to show where his loyalties lie here. does he go against the boss in a clear sign of mutiny or out terry in a move that would surely signify the end of terry's international career. time gerrard showed himself as a captain.
however, this is all for another day, namely the day they land back in england.
also, all this talk of capello being a shite manager is complete bullshit. he's made mistakes over the last month such as -
not giving parker, johnson or darren bent a decent opportunity to stake a claim.
re-calling jamie carragher, a player who turned his back on england and is past it anyway.
not naming his number 1 before the tournament.
sticking with a formation that clearly wasn't working.
keeping heskey, lampard, lennon and rooney on the pitch during piss-poor performances.

however, he is a great manager who has a proven track record. we all moaned under sven and schteve that they had the life of riley. he comes in and lays down some discipline and suddenly the primadonnas don't like it and people back them. this is where he gets do put up or shut up.

come on england.

Spindash said:
liamctid said:
What has Terry done wrong so far? Erm nothing?

Some of you lot need to realise that you don't actually know Wayne Bridge, and he probably couldn't give a fuck if you were a City fan or not. And for that matter, it does not make you less of a City fan if you like John Terry.

And what has this got to do with Bridge? Nothing.

Looks like Capello thinks Terry's done something wrong as well.

Because I was brought up to only hate united players.

He's a footballer and I like the way he plays and the countless trophies he's won as captain would suggest he's a half decent player.

If he was a tv personality or someone that you based your hatred on because of there personality then I could accept it. A lot of high profile players have cheated on there wives. A lot of top players scream at the ref, but not a lot have numerous newspapers constantly trying to set up someone, unlike Terry.

Although the OP is extreme i think he has committed the cardinal sin as a footballer and made things public what should of been kept behind closed doors.
I can guarantee that the rest of the squad wouldn't of been too pleased with his comments at the press conferance and neither would Capello.
If it was something that they wanted to make public then the whole squad should of agreed to it first as there all in it together (so they keep telling us) and then made public by the captain not a squad player?

The problem with Terry it's not WE it's always I.........

dannybcity said:
Danamy said:

I beg to differ. In this case it's WE (the Chelsea players) aren't to blame, it's everyone elses fault.

He didn't exactly bask Lampard in glory by saying J.Cole was the only player in the squad that could unlock any defence? lol

Danamy said:
Although the OP is extreme i think he has committed the cardinal sin as a footballer and made things public what should of been kept behind closed doors.
I can guarantee that the rest of the squad wouldn't of been too pleased with his comments at the press conferance and neither would Capello.
If it was something that they wanted to make public then the whole squad should of agreed to it first as there all in it together (so they keep telling us) and then made public by the captain not a squad player?

100% agree Danamy....no way should he have opened his mouth to the media...lets not forget that the team that played against Algeria so inaptly is almost the same as got us qualification so easily,and put 5 past Croatia. there is nothing wrong with the formation,more the aplication of the primadonna England players who seem to have taken to the pitch in the first 2 games thinking they had already won them. And in respect of Terry,for me he has been woefully out of form,and had it not been for Barry covering his arse 3 or 4 times when he was well out of position,we could have lost to Algeria. Terry seems intent on knocking the ball long every time he gets it in defence. Compare that to Spain playing now,or Brazil,Argentina,Chile,Uraguay who all pass the ball from defence then you can see where englands problems start.

Will Capello drop Terry? no chance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.