Should they have kicked the ball out....

No. And i very much expect Dzeko to be sat on the bench at Southampton. He wasn't even hurt but thought it would be a good idea to leave us a man down for 2 minutes.

No and we should learn this lesson and NEVER kick the ball out.

Dzeko tried to buy a foul but you can't blame him. If he had have gotten up he'd hardly have prevented their goal just ambling around the centre circle as he likes to do.

What hurts the most is that our players just switched off becasue they thought it should have been a foul. 'Thoughts' don't count for diddly squat.

Play to the referees whistle

How many times? These are professionals. Concentrate 100% at all times.

ell said:
No, I wouldnt have.

However we shouldnt even be discussing this because the foul should have been given anyway (and Dzeko should have got up)

This!
Dzeko cocks me RIGHT off. Such a prick. Get up you mard arse!
Stays down just because he dosnt like the refs decision FFS!!

Right at the death as well, Aguero running for the balls and falls over, looking to the ref for a decision. Again, stop being a prick and get on your feet.

If they got up hals as quick as they went down we might have won that yesterday.

Djeko was at fault for a. Over-reacting to the tackle, foul or not , cos he did one of those dives that look so false that Mario used to do and I for one, only realised he was actually fouled on the video replay, so for the only time in the game I sympathise with the ref on this occassion. And b. he caused a major distraction that I think did not help the team when they were trying to defend and everyone was insensed!!!
Afraid I am still not convinced he belongs in our team and would rather have Tevez .

Firstly, I think it was a foul but the ref never gave it so we move on from that one.
In relation to what happened next, my first reaction was to blame Liverpool thinking what stick we would have got if we were the attacking team.
The other thing was, nobody apart from Dzeko knew how badly he was injured. I would definately have felt aggrieved if they had scored to then find my centre forward had an injury that forced him off.
As it happens, I lost sympathy with my own player when he got up remonstrating with the officials runnung around faster than he actually did chasing the ball.
The issue also masks the defensive errors in the goal because we had clear chances to clear our lines without the assistance of Edin.
In the end, part of me thinks justice was served for our players antics.
The Liverpool players were nearer to the ball than I was so if they believed it was right to play on, so be it. I just hope we do the same.

lindy64 said:
Firstly, I think it was a foul but the ref never gave it so we move on from that one.
In relation to what happened next, my first reaction was to blame Liverpool thinking what stick we would have got if we were the attacking team.
The other thing was, nobody apart from Dzeko knew how badly he was injured. I would definately have felt aggrieved if they had scored to then find my centre forward had an injury that forced him off.
As it happens, I lost sympathy with my own player when he got up remonstrating with the officials runnung around faster than he actually did chasing the ball.
The issue also masks the defensive errors in the goal because we had clear chances to clear our lines without the assistance of Edin.
The Liverpool players were nearer to the ball than I was so if they believed it was right to play on, so be it. I just hope we do the same.

As i already said, we did for our 2nd at Norwich

lindy64 said:

Justice was served? No, justice would've been the foul correctly awarded against Agger and a yellow card to boot for going to ground from behind. Instead of a free kick to City in a threatening area we are on the back foot from a counter attack, nothing just about that.

That said, Dzeko should've got up off his arse and helped his team. Always, always play to the whistle.

doomuk said:
ell said:
No, I wouldnt have.

However we shouldnt even be discussing this because the foul should have been given anyway (and Dzeko should have got up)

This!
Dzeko cocks me RIGHT off. Such a prick. Get up you mard arse!
Stays down just because he dosnt like the refs decision FFS!!

Right at the death as well, Aguero running for the balls and falls over, looking to the ref for a decision. Again, stop being a prick and get on your feet.

If they got up hals as quick as they went down we might have won that yesterday.
For some reason I've only recently noticed Dzeko being a mard arse. Is it a new development that he just seems pissed off all the time or has he always been that way and I've just never noticed? Having said that, lying down on the floor and moaning like a girl aside, I thought he did ok yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.