Should we be looking at new kit deal?- new update pg34 Chelsea NIKE DEAL

Can quote other team's figures as much as we like but it comes down to, in part, to how many shirts are sold.
If Chelsea sell 3x the shirts we do (I have no idea how many anybody sells) we can't complain if they are given 3x as much

Even if that was true, Nike aren't getting 3x as much exposure through Chelsea. Which ever way you dress it up we are being shafted. Time to tell Nike to cough up or we're off at the end of the contract.

Yeah, undervalued as fuck and whoever signed that deal off needs a good slap. If Chelsea are valued at £60m a season I'd say we are easily worth £45-50m currently and definitely over £50m with Pep's impending arrival.

I assume Chelsea can command a higher premium at this stage because they've had more success over the last 10 years and are higher profile around the world and will sell more shirts.

But if the standard contract is 10 years, surely anyone with any sense would recognise we're going to be a major player over the next 10 years and our opportunity for growth is probably bigger than any club.

That 12m a year deal was struck with Umbro when we had just been taken over. It looks grossly undervalued now. Perhaps we can't command what Chelsea can, but they are not 5 or 6 times more valuable than us.

More would buy the shirt of they weren't Nike shite. I don't know anybody who has bought a shirt this year.

One template. Shite

Can quote other team's figures as much as we like but it comes down to, in part, to how many shirts are sold.
If Chelsea sell 3x the shirts we do (I have no idea how many anybody sells) we can't complain if they are given 3x as much

Its not down to just sales.

Publicity and media exposure are just as important, and as a club we get an enormous amount of that.

Completely agree, terrible choice and a very under valued contract.
It really is and someone has dropped a right bollock over this over the past few years.The Club really should have included within the contract additional payments based on PL Champions and any other Cup Winners that we pick up.
I wonder if we are in the top 6 within the PL for our shirt sponsorship deals ?

It really is and someone has dropped a right bollock over this over the past few years.The Club really should have included within the contract additional payments based on PL Champions and any other Cup Winners that we pick up.
I wonder if we are in the top 6 within the PL for our shirt sponsorship deals ?
No but shirt sponsorship deal will be vastly increased in the close season.

Another major negative, the failure to find a training kit sponsor, Soriano has not brought the deals to this club

On the kit deal, I am surprised with the resources the owners have, they have not produced in-house product.
Kits especially have enormous mark ups and very small manufacturing costs, why let Nike have the spoils , when we could keep it all for ourselves.

Looking at the deals, PSG have the highest commercial revenue for any club in the world. Their deals are massively inflated and I'd expect their next kit deal to be substantially higher. Us being in the CL each year now plus the exposure and spotlight Pep brings you'd think we could easily get something comparable to the bigger deals in the league.

i know football should not be a fashion contest, but nike's kits in the last 5 years or so have been dreadful.

it's a shame adidas are going down the route of having one big team in each league because for me they make the best kits by far at the moment.

it's whatever pays the most i guess.

i know football should not be a fashion contest, but nike's kits in the last 5 years or so have been dreadful.

it's a shame adidas are going down the route of having one big team in each league because for me they make the best kits by far at the moment.

it's whatever pays the most i guess.
I disagree, money is very important, BUT so is the satisfaction of your customers and the quality of design.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.