Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

Stability is the key......all see Chelski for example? Got to be given time to mould the team more, we are feeling the pressure. Next year we will know what to expect.

Jumanji said:
sjk2008 said:
I think the majority of you are being incredibly harsh on Mancini.

Your team has never been anywhere near as close as you are now to win the title. Yes, you've had a few hundred mill pumped in to get you where you are but that doesn't mean success should be instant.

People keep referring to Mourinho @ Chelsea and how he made the step from top 4 to Champions fairly quickly but what you seem to be forgetting is that as I've said, Chelsea were already top 4 material. You weren't.

You've made brilliant progress. Yes, you've stumbled of late and at the moment it may seem to you that this title is wrapped up but it aint over just yet. And, even if it is. There's always next year.

The thing with Mancini is that the position he is in (and whoever else would be in managing City nowadays) is under massive pressure. I think he's handled it very well. Just because this isn't the greatest United team yet you are still only 2nd to them should not mean Mancini should be ousted. I've said time and time again that United have the knack of winning games when not playing their best and that is something which comes with time.

Consistency is exactly what your club needs. Whilst I think Mourinho is the mustard, he would want money to overhaul in certain areas. Next year, under Mancini, you will be in an even better position to win the league than you were at the start of this season. You were never going to keep up the scintillating form you had at the beginning of the season. No team ever does that. All teams go through a bad patch and unfortunately yours is coming at the wrong time but problems as such will iron themselves out over time.

I'm certain that with Mancini still at the helm at the beginning of next season with one or two additions (wingers a must!!) you will be in a better chance to challenge.

I think some of you need to remember where you all were 5 or 10 years back instead of coming across all infuriated and pissed off because you've blown your first ever real chance of winning the league. Your first ever real chance. IT WONT BE YOUR LAST EVER CHANCE!

Plus, this season isn't over yet. If there was any team in United's run in (other than yourselves) who I fel could be the banana skin for them - it was Blackburn.

FFS, keep the faith man. Think yourself lucky you're not getting beat to Notts County et al and scoring less than a goal a game down in League One.

You should be grateful of the position you are in and Mancini has played a massive part in getting you there.
Brilliant post. Hopefully some other blues see what this neutral fan does.
I like this post so much that I would just like to bump it to the next page :-).

sjk2008 said:

Your team has never been anywhere near as close as you are now to win the title. Yes, you've had a few hundred mill pumped in to get you where you are but that doesn't mean success should be instant.

People keep referring to Mourinho @ Chelsea and how he made the step from top 4 to Champions fairly quickly but what you seem to be forgetting is that as I've said, Chelsea were already top 4 material. You weren't.

You've made brilliant progress. Yes, you've stumbled of late and at the moment it may seem to you that this title is wrapped up but it aint over just yet. And, even if it is. There's always next year.

The thing with Mancini is that the position he is in (and whoever else would be in managing City nowadays) is under massive pressure. I think he's handled it very well. Just because this isn't the greatest United team yet you are still only 2nd to them should not mean Mancini should be ousted. I've said time and time again that United have the knack of winning games when not playing their best and that is something which comes with time.

Consistency is exactly what your club needs. Whilst I think Mourinho is the mustard, he would want money to overhaul in certain areas. Next year, under Mancini, you will be in an even better position to win the league than you were at the start of this season. You were never going to keep up the scintillating form you had at the beginning of the season. No team ever does that. All teams go through a bad patch and unfortunately yours is coming at the wrong time but problems as such will iron themselves out over time.

I'm certain that with Mancini still at the helm at the beginning of next season with one or two additions (wingers a must!!) you will be in a better chance to challenge.

I think some of you need to remember where you all were 5 or 10 years back instead of coming across all infuriated and pissed off because you've blown your first ever real chance of winning the league. Your first ever real chance. IT WONT BE YOUR LAST EVER CHANCE!

Plus, this season isn't over yet. If there was any team in United's run in (other than yourselves) who I fel could be the banana skin for them - it was Blackburn.

FFS, keep the faith man. Think yourself lucky you're not getting beat to Notts County et al and scoring less than a goal a game down in League One.

You should be grateful of the position you are in and Mancini has played a massive part in getting you there.

A very well considered post.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sjk2008 said:

I think it makes some good points. Some City fans seem to think that Utd aren't a good team and as we have spent a lot of money then we should win the league. I think they are wrong.

Revolver said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
sjk2008 said:

I think it makes some good points. Some City fans seem to think that Utd aren't a good team and as we have spent a lot of money then we should win the league. I think they are wrong.

Exactly. Whilst there's no doubt (at least for the first 5 months of the season) you've played better football, it isn't just good football that wins you titles. You only have to look at Arsenal for that. United grind results out. Snatch late wins when they haven't deserved them. Other little things like that. When it comes to City, those things will come in time. And, when they do, I'm sure titles will start to roll in.

Patience. That is all.

I wouldn't get rid, but if Mourinho is available, I think bobby will be gone.
He's made too many mistakes recently

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Stability is the key......all see Chelski for example? Got to be given time to mould the team more, we are feeling the pressure. Next year we will know what to expect.

Problem is if we keep playing the way we have been since the turn of the year we´ll be 15 points behind by xmas. People just think we´ll pick up from last year and with new personnel - zoom....!!!
We´ve been sussed away in particular - we would need the likes of Xavi Messi or Iniesta to take tippy tappy to a new level, not to mention a Danny Alves type full back. So are we going to go for a radical overhaul and play at tempo or is it going to be more frustration running into brick walls and running out of ideas?
We are at a crossroads if we end up with nothing. It´s that simple - will we stick or twist? Arse have kept faith with Whinger but they haven´t won a tap in years although they are looking good for next season I would say. Are we ready for a dose of that type of patience? I doubt the owners are

mike channon´s windmill said:
Arse have kept faith with Whinger but they haven´t won a tap in years although they are looking good for next season I would say. Are we ready for a dose of that type of patience? I doubt the owners are

Arsenal also sell their best players year in, year out. To be where they are is a credit to Wenger, and a good advertisement for stability.

We on the other hand are a different beast, we are investing in the squad and we should expect to improve each season.

For me, Mancini should be given another season no matter how this one pans out. The expectations on him next season will be significantly higher than they were this time around though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.