Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

bluemoon73 said:
Hell yes hes only half way through a five year plan..look at the fookin state of chelski, lets not become like them

Look at the state of Chelsea? Are you being serious?

They've had one manager in charge for just over half the season and sacked him, then replaced him with a failed Premiership manager with little experience at the highest levels.

And in spite of that they're probably going to make top 4 (same as us), they're a good bet to win the FA Cup, and they are almost certainties to be contesting the Champions League semi-finals.

They might still end up with a more suc cessful season than us. So let's not write Chelsea off just yet.

Stability is over-rated...

Soulboy said:
bluemoon73 said:
Hell yes hes only half way through a five year plan..look at the fookin state of chelski, lets not become like them

They've had one manager in charge for just over half the season and sacked him, then replaced him with a failed Premiership manager with little experience at the highest levels.

And in spite of that they're probably going to make top 4 (same as us), they're a good bet to win the FA Cup, and they are almost certainties to be contesting the Champions League semi-finals.

They might still end up with a more suc cessful season than us. So let's not write Chelsea off just yet.

Absolutely it is.
I'll bet most Arsenal fans (if theyre being honest) would trade places with Chelsea at this point. Or Real Madrid for that matter.
Why do we need to be patient? Will that bring a guarentee of success?Who's to say we will get stronger next season, or that the players and manager will make better decisions with another year under their belts? Football doesnt work that way - we could just as easily get finish lower next year.

I'm all for a stable 'whole club' structure, but as for the coach, they should only stay if they are successful, and if there is no-one better out there - who is available to come.

Its all very well to start saying 'dont forget where we've come from', 'look at the progress we've made' etc. Yes, thats true, but expectations have changed a lot under the new owners.And that's right - its just natural and human nature. We ought to be expecting to finish in the top 2 IMHO after our investment, and after being top for most of the season, if we dont win, that will justifiably feel like a disappointing season.

chesterbells said:
Soulboy said:
bluemoon73 said:

Absolutely it is.
I'll bet most Arsenal fans (if theyre being honest) would trade places with Chelsea at this point. Or Real Madrid for that matter.
Why do we need to be patient? Will that bring a guarentee of success?Who's to say we will get stronger next season, or that the players and manager will make better decisions with another year under their belts? Football doesnt work that way - we could just as easily get finish lower next year.

I'm all for a stable 'whole club' structure, but as for the coach, they should only stay if they are successful, and if there is no-one better out there - who is available to come.

Its all very well to start saying 'dont forget where we've come from', 'look at the progress we've made' etc. Yes, thats true, but expectations have changed a lot under the new owners.And that's right - its just natural and human nature. We ought to be expecting to finish in the top 2 IMHO after our investment, and after being top for most of the season, if we dont win, that will justifiably feel like a disappointing season.
I personally wouldn't mind Mourinho coming in but I'd like to give Mancini a second and third chance, if possible. Look how long it took Ferguson to win the league title.

Masonicity said:
chesterbells said:
Soulboy said:

Absolutely it is.

I personally wouldn't mind Mourinho coming in but I'd like to give Mancini a second and third chance, if possible. Look how long it took Ferguson to win the league title.

Fair comment. Its just that he did get them up to 2nd in his first full season - and the difference is that we've just had an enormous investment boost in a short space of time, which I'm not sure he did, so i'm not sure the comparison is entirely the same. I do rate Mancini and the way he conducts himself - its just that I rate Mourinho higher (still not 100% convinced he wants to come though!)

chesterbells said:
Masonicity said:
chesterbells said:
Absolutely it is.

Fair comment. Its just that he did get them up to 2nd in his first full season - and the difference is that we've just had an enormous investment boost in a short space of time, which I'm not sure he did, so i'm not sure the comparison is entirely the same. I do rate Mancini and the way he conducts himself - its just that I rate Mourinho higher (still not 100% convinced he wants to come though!)
Mourinho going to City will be a dream come true, but I feel he's staying put in Madrid. Furthermore, it would tarnish our image if we easily dispose of Mancini after all he's done for the club.

We need to know what has happened to the team and the way we play before i say. If we start next season like we finished this it will be a disaster. Our owner needs to know why the complete performance turnaround before he trusts him improving with expensive buys for next season.

Yes, we should keep RM

As for stability. Yes, stability is only good if you have a good manager but even if Mourinho is better than Mancini we're not going to get stability with Mourinho. He'd walk away after a couple of seasons like he has done with every club he has been in charge of.

Besides, I reckon he fancies himself to be the only man who can take over at Utd.

jonmcity said:
We need to know what has happened to the team and the way we play before i say. If we start next season like we finished this it will be a disaster. Our owner needs to know why the complete performance turnaround before he trusts him improving with expensive buys for next season.
It's a simple matter. The players became exhausted. They played in too many competitions and they weren't rotated properly, in my opinion. Nevertheless, they will do better next season, with or without Mancini (although I hope it's the latter). Several mistakes were made in several games, from the manager and players. But these are the kind of mistakes you learn from. There's a huge learning curve for City. The club isn't as experienced as others in these kinds of situations. We need a couple of years before we become a fearsome force.

The Chelsea analogy is a good one.

They were doing OK but falling short under Claudio Ranieri an excellent Italian manager with a good track record.

They replaced him with Mourinho who then won 2 league titles and various cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.