Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

its a No from me....Very dissapointed with what I have witnessed recently and games are passing by when we can see the obvious but RM cant ???? I also believe if you asked the players for an opinion he wouldnt be Mr popular....?

Comrade Buka said:
Apparently LONG TERM is the Holy Grail.

Ergo: Find a donkey, put it in charge of a football team. Let the donkey stay no matter how bad it is as a manager. If the donkey just stays long enough, success will come.

Just to be clear: I am not calling Mancini a donkey, I am merely reflecting on the "long term is key" mantra a lot of people seem to repeat 253 times before they fall asleep.
But you said it yourself... Mancini isn't a donkey. He's fit for a long-term project. Mourinho, on the other hand, is the kind of manager who stays in a club for a maximum of three years before he parts ways. Not that I don't wan't Mourinho in charge of City; I think it'll be a dream come true. But I'd rather stick with Mancini, until he reaches his limit. So far, he's nowhere near his limit.

Masonicity said:
I don't think we underachieved anything. People often forget how difficult it is for a team to break into the top four and remain there the following season.

Yeah, it is especially hard when you invest an amount of money that would make a small African country smile with joy.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:26 pm --<br /><br />
Masonicity said:
Comrade Buka said:

Ergo: Find a donkey, put it in charge of a football team. Let the donkey stay no matter how bad it is as a manager. If the donkey just stays long enough, success will come.

Just to be clear: I am not calling Mancini a donkey, I am merely reflecting on the "long term is key" mantra a lot of people seem to repeat 253 times before they fall asleep.
But you said it yourself... Mancini isn't a donkey. He's fit for a long-term project. Mourinho, on the other hand, is the kind of manager who stays in a club for a maximum of three years before he parts ways. Not that I don't wan't Mourinho in charge of City; I think it'll be a dream come true. But I'd rather stick with Mancini, until he reaches his limit. So far, he's nowhere near his limit.

My point went right over your head obviously.

Masonicity said:
I imagine if we weren't in second place right now, you wouldn't be as critical of Mancini as you currently are.

I would and i have been.

We wimpered out of the cups and as for your Euro argument,yes we got 10 points but the other teams in our group got more......

I honestly don't think the many of the players are behind him,his tactics and rotations are puzzling and many of his signings have been poor.

We aren't an ordinary club,we are very privelaged,had we been a Spurs or even the dippers(who are still in the Fa cup....) and we had made the progress we have i would have agreed with you,however,we have had unlimited funds and resources to achieve much more,the fact is - we havn't.

There can only be one direction for that blame.

Comrade Buka said:
Yeah, it is especially hard when you invest an amount of money that would make a small African country smile with joy.
Oi, let's not even go there. If you wan't to know my personal "off-topic" opinion, I don't think Abu Dhabi should waste a single penny of their wealth on any club in England or the rest of the World for that matter, especially not when it is considered the national revenue of the Emirati people (who have no say whatsoever in how their oil income gets spent). But I'll leave that for another time.

We're talking about the premier league; not about how much money the owners have spent or how many smiley faces it could make. In terms of the premier league, getting into the top four and becoming consistent is a feat in itself.

Look the bottom line is are there any better managers available?

Some people seem to think there is only a candidate . But I'd argue Bielsa, Guardiola, Ancelotti are better apart from the "obvious one".

Are they available? Who knows?

FantasyIreland said:
I would and i have been.

We wimpered out of the cups and as for your Euro argument,yes we got 10 points but the other teams in our group got more......

I honestly don't think the many of the players are behind him,his tactics and rotations are puzzling and many of his signings have been poor.

We aren't an ordinary club,we are very privelaged,had we been a Spurs or even the dippers(who are still in the Fa cup....) and we had made the progress we have i would have agreed with you,however,we have had unlimited funds and resources to achieve much more,the fact is - we havn't.

There can only be one direction for that blame.

The only really rational and logical conclusion.
You bring up a very interesting point: I think Mancini runs the club in a very distanced way, being personal with only one player it seems. The lack of communication between leader and player, and very poor/limited man-management is in my belief the biggest problems we have at the club.

Comrade Buka said:

A lot of them see the red half and want to emulate them not realising that few managers can emulate Ferguson even if you gave them 20 years. Moyes has been at Everton for 10 years and he keeps them from relegation but that's about it. The fans are demoralized because he fields a starting 11 without a single striker, they play dogshit football that no one sensible person would pay money to watch. They're not becoming a great football club even though Moyes is an effective manager and is there for the 'long term'

Meanwhile Newcastle chops and changes from a successful manager to Pardew and now they're challenging Chelsea for a Europa spot. Most of the successful clubs on the continent work the same way.

Hoping that we'll get a Ferguson just by keeping a manager for a long period is not logical.

robbieh said:
Look the bottom line is are there any better managers available?

Some people seem to think there is only a candidate . But I'd argue Bielsa, Guardiola, Ancelotti are better apart from the "obvious one".

Are they available? Who knows?

Guardiola is fantastic, at Barcelona. I have no reason to think he would be a great manager for us. Even he himself said he doubts he would be regarded a great manager in a side without Messi, Xavvi and iniesta.

If not Mourinho, I think Benitez would be a very good man for the job. Has loads of PL experience, speaks Spanish, some Italian (as if Balo would stay if Mancini left... yeah right). He hates Slur Alex and Manure (a very good thing to have in ones CV). Not too old and loves living in the UK, preferably North-west.

I really think PL experience is of paramount importance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.