Should we keep RM whatever happens this season. Yes or no?

No.
Passion and desire lacking. No team spririt. Today was like watching a bunch of politicians blaming each other but nbody taking control..........
Gutted.

Yes.

We've progressed, missing out on CL to winning the cup and auto-qualification for the CL, to leading the way for most of the season.

I think with another transfer window to ship out some of the shite (Johnson, K.Toure, maybe even Balo...I love him, but really pissed with him today.), along with a full pre-season for the likes of Nasri and Aguero, we could run away with it next year.

rcgf said:
No.
Passion and desire lacking. No team spririt. Today was like watching a bunch of politicians blaming each other but nbody taking control..........
Gutted.

There isn't a football fan on the planet that doesn't think this about their team from time to time. We are in very good company.

some of u so called fans so look at each other and maybe call yaself Abramovich. we went through phase of sacking mangers left right and centre, even the greatest managers need time, ffs.
look where we come from, and where we are now, probs 2nd in PL, who would have thought that 10-20yrs ago. so if jose comes and wins fuck all, sack him too? some ppl really need to grow fuck up

stick with RM, give him another season, hes brought us a long way, not forgetting our 1st major trophy in donkeys, no manager is perfect, even the greatest make mistakes, but a good manager learns from them

Pam said:
rcgf said:
No.
Gutted.

There isn't a football fan on the planet that doesn't think this about their team from time to time. We are in very good company.

Oh. Well that's ok then. I'm sure Sheikh Mansour must have sat at home looking at the XI multimillionaires he's paying the best wages in the world to on the pitch and thought - "ah, it's ok, there's plenty of other teams who's players don't turn up from time to time."

Depends how we finish the season. If we fizzle out like we are doing then no. If we dont and make a fight of it then one more season to try and win it and do better in the CL.

However If Mourinho is available and will come then I think that we would be mad to turn that opportunity down. We will not get worse with him in charge.

quiet_riot said:
Yes.

We've progressed, missing out on CL to winning the cup and auto-qualification for the CL, to leading the way for most of the season.

I think with another transfer window to ship out some of the shite (Johnson, K.Toure, maybe even Balo...I love him, but really pissed with him today.), along with a full pre-season for the likes of Nasri and Aguero, we could run away with it next year.

Because next year our opponents will have forgotten how to play us and Mancini will have magically found a tactic to counter what has been a problem for almost half a season now.

Not to mention that Mancini will have become friends with all the players and they will start every game as if it is a cup final.

Clearly.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:25 pm --<br /><br />
welsh_andy said:
stick with RM, give him another season, hes brought us a long way, not forgetting our 1st major trophy in donkeys, no manager is perfect, even the greatest make mistakes, but a good manager learns from them

Given Mancini has had almost half a season to find a Plan B to the teams-sitting-deep-and-counter-attack-tactic and he has come up with fuck all, what kind of timeline are we looking at here?

welsh_andy said:
even the greatest make mistakes, but a good manager learns from them

Well that kind of eliminates Mancini from the great/good category. He doesn't learn. He repeats the mistakes.
Not being able to motivate some of the best and highest paid footballers in the world when the PL title is at stake with no other competitions to worry about, - that's just unthinkable.
It wasn't Mancini who got them going with five minutes to go, - it was the players themselves.

Man-management is what O'Neill used to transfer Sunderland from relegation material to where they are now. Man management is what Sir Alex use to make a United side packed with reserves and youths win a CL quarter/semi final or even with a, according to their standards a very weak squad, the entire PL.
A leader MUST be able to inspire, motivate and guide the players, and also to respect them.
I doubt Mancini believes in man-management, except for in Balotelli's case, and even there it doesn't seem to do any good.

Comrade Buka said:
quiet_riot said:
Yes.

Because next year our opponents will have forgotten how to play us and Mancini will have magically found a tactic to counter what has been a problem for almost half a season now.

Not to mention that Mancini will have become friends with all the players and they will start every game as if it is a cup final.

Clearly.

Maybe shipping out shite and bringing in some fresh, hungry faces will provide that answer?
Or you can continue to use any stick to beat him with, whatever suits.
Because Mancini is actually the one playing in all 11 positions, and even if things aren't working, the players absolutely cannot figure it out for themselves.

Clearly.

Matt the Giant said:
welsh_andy said:
even the greatest make mistakes, but a good manager learns from them

Well that kind of eliminates Mancini from the great/good category. He doesn't learn. He repeats the mistakes.
Not being able to motivate some of the best and highest paid footballers in the world when the PL title is at stake with no other competitions to worry about, - that's just unthinkable.
It wasn't Mancini who got them going with five minutes to go, - it was the players themselves.

Man-management is what O'Neill used to transfer Sunderland from relegation material to where they are now. Man management is what Sir Alex use to make a United side packed with reserves and youths win a CL quarter/semi final or even with a, according to their standards a very weak squad, the entire PL.
A leader MUST be able to inspire, motivate and guide the players, and also to respect them.
I doubt Mancini believes in man-management, except for in Balotelli's case, and even there it doesn't seem to do any good.

Good post. The lack of urgency in the players at 3-1 down was frightening. It was only the introduction of Pizarro and more importantly the wihdrawal of their center back who had played very well that turned things round. Tiredness from their FA Cup game will have also played a factor in those last 10 minutes.

We had not played for 7 days and should have been at them from the off. We had 4 shots in the first half. Not good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.