should we sing for hughesy next week

schfc6 said:
Slight applause is surely all that is needed for a man that spent £89m on Lescott, RSC, JO, SWP and Bridge.
Everyone goes on about Mancini bringing Tevez off last game, that pales into insignificance compared to Hughes bringing Elano off against Hamburg in the home leg after running the game and hitting the woodwork twice.
Lest we forget that he took us backwards in the league in his 1st season despite investing fortunes in the squad after Sven. And he was fired after Christmas in his 2nd season when we were behind Birmingham in the league!

So nothing more than a quite applause is needed to celebrate those achievements please.
Also Hughes sold Elano, I thought Elano was quality! Defo would have him in our squad now!

schfc6 said:
Slight applause is surely all that is needed for a man that spent £89m on Lescott, RSC, JO, SWP and Bridge.
Everyone goes on about Mancini bringing Tevez off last game, that pales into insignificance compared to Hughes bringing Elano off against Hamburg in the home leg after running the game and hitting the woodwork twice.
Lest we forget that he took us backwards in the league in his 1st season despite investing fortunes in the squad after Sven. And he was fired after Christmas in his 2nd season when we were behind Birmingham in the league!

So nothing more than a quite applause is needed to celebrate those achievements please.

We were not behind Birmingham, I've seen that around here quite a few times last few days (as well as someone saying we were 9th when he was sacked which is also false). We were 6th only 3 points behind 4th and with a game in hand.

Breaker said:
schfc6 said:

We were not behind Birmingham, I've seen that around here quite a few times last few days (as well as someone saying we were 9th when he was sacked which is also false). We were 6th only 3 points behind 4th and with a game in hand.

in a shocking run of form, all them draws plus the dicking at spuds then the rollercoaster sunderland game

We were not 3 points behind. think you'll find it was 5 or 6. can't be arsed to check.
Anyway, we were shocking at that time. Couldn't defend f**k all.

tonea2003 said:
Breaker said:

in a shocking run of form, all them draws plus the dicking at spuds then the rollercoaster sunderland game

To be fair the run of draws had ended a month before that and after we had beaten Chelsea, made the semis of League Cup, and I think another draw away against Bolton, so 3-1-1 isn't that bad. But yeah after the spuds game I can see why it would be hard for him to avoid getting the sack with Mancini probably already on the owner's minds.

Breaker said:

On the morning of the Sunderland match when it was obvious he was gone we were in 8th position, 6 points behind 4th (with a game in hand) and indeed behind Birmingham.

But when he was formally sacked we had beaten the mackems, and were in 6th, still 6 points behind 4th spot.

glen quagmire said:
Sing for hughsie? My voice is reserved for Bellaaaaaammmmmyyyyy Bellaaaaaaaaammmmmmmyyyyyyy.

Oh ok go on then, i'll join in if it means that much!
Yes. Go on and chant for the welsh wizzard. That will really help the cause and win us the game. Very good. Great publicity for the club...players and managers will really appreciate it too!
Get behind Mancini and the boys ffs!!

Breaker said:
tonea2003 said:

To be fair the run of draws had ended a month before that and after we had beaten Chelsea, made the semis of League Cup, and I think another draw away against Bolton, so 3-1-1 isn't that bad. But yeah after the spuds game I can see why it would be hard for him to avoid getting the sack with Mancini probably already on the owner's minds.

i had forgotten the chelsea game was in that run, a blip amongst the dross of terrible defending at that time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.