should we sing for hughesy next week

end of the day hughes wasn't good enough and the job was always too big for him. he should have gone after we got beat by west brom in 08 which i think left us in the relegation zone. there were times away from home when we were nearly as clueless as we were under pearce. winning twice or whatever it was away from home was embarrasing. won't boo him though, and definatly won't be singing his name.

hughes out ;)

moomba said:
Breaker said:
We were not behind Birmingham, I've seen that around here quite a few times last few days (as well as someone saying we were 9th when he was sacked which is also false). We were 6th only 3 points behind 4th and with a game in hand.

On the morning of the Sunderland match when it was obvious he was gone we were in 8th position, 6 points behind 4th (with a game in hand) and indeed behind Birmingham.

But when he was formally sacked we had beaten the mackems, and were in 6th, still 6 points behind 4th spot.

Ah well that makes sense just checked and we were 3 behind with a game in hand after Mancini's first game on boxing day. Still our December form wasn't poor and I do think Hughes did a good job at the club, not really a disaster but then again people on here say we're in potential crisis right now so can't take it too seriously I suppose!

'Hughesy'

*vomits*

Tongue in cheek though the OP might be, I think the question I'd like to pose is;

'Why the fanatical man-love for a man who was nothing but an abject failure, and whose short presence at the club was nothing short of an insidious plague which has created many divisions among fans that are still here to this day?'

Leslie has my contempt, and little else.

Yeh lets sing for Hughes and all his great cheap signings like Santa Cruz,Lescott,Bridge etc .While were at it lets sing for his masterstroke of playing Robinho and Sylvinho against Lennon.
Jees talk about clueless!

felixbg said:
end of the day hughes wasn't good enough and the job was always too big for him. he should have gone after we got beat by west brom in 08 which i think left us in the relegation zone. there were times away from home when we were nearly as clueless as we were under pearce. winning twice or whatever it was away from home was embarrasing. won't boo him though, and definatly won't be singing his name.

hughes out ;)

hughes was'nt clueless, neither was pearce he just did'nt have the tools to do any better, now bobby on the other hand does have the tools yet is just as bad to watch as pearce and hughes.
now thats clueless.

de niro said:
felixbg said:

hughes out ;)

hughes was'nt clueless, neither was pearce he just did'nt have the tools to do any better, now bobby on the other hand does have the tools yet is just as bad to watch as pearce and hughes.
now thats clueless.

he said there were times away from home under Hughes when we were clueless, which is fair comment, not that Hughes is clueless.

Why are we even discussing this?

I liked Hughes when he was our manager, but it is now 12 months almost since he went.

And he was with us for one season and a half. That's all.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
now thats clueless.

he said there were times away from home under Hughes when we were clueless, which is fair comment, not that Hughes is clueless.

point taken.

may i also add then that home or away mancini is if nothing else consistant.

de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

point taken.

may i also add then that home or away mancini is if nothing else consistant.

taken.

apart from when we freakishly score goals in some games...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.