Sick of minutes silence/applause at football matches

How hard is it to respect a minute of silence.
Some people need a head wobble and learn some respect
The OP has a point, Bobby Charltons died, only his clubs should hold a minutes silence.

If its true bill kenwright has carked it only everton need to hold a silence.

before silences were for national tragedies or club related deaths, not any old thing.

on applauses on xyz minute, not a fan but will repect

Last edited:
They’ll have a minutes silence tonight so I cannot see the point in another one on Sunday. Oh wait it’s the rags they will milk it for all they can and I would not be surprised to see it every year, their very own Remembrance Day added to the Munich one

Put simply, he won the WC so he deserves respect from the English football community. If he hadn't have won it, he'd be a united legend and probably still regarded as one of our best, but winning the WC elevates him, quite rightly. You get club legends and then there are national heroes and icons and that 1966 team is immortal.

I'm not sure if other teams will do anything this weekend following his death. Was Greaves the last of that team to die, before Charlton? Can't remember if anything was done outside of his former teams.
All bar Geoff Hurst from 66 have sadly gone now. However, did we have national mourning for all of them? I don’t think we did.

But City only wore black armbands in the second half !
I’d love to know what happened there. I really hope they were ‘forgotten’ for the 1st half (In memory of Franny), rather than the announcement of Bobby Charlton’s passing during HT. does anybody actually know the truth surrounding this fuck up?

It’s not hard at all. I just can’t be fucking arsed with them, I’m there to watch football.

If it’s not football related, it should not have a silence at a football stadium. I don’t care what tragedy has gone on, I don’t want them being mentioned or given any recognition at a game of football.

There are 32 armed conflicts going on in the world, around 35,000 people a year are murdered or go missing never to be found in Mexico. If we’re having them for Israel:Palestine we should be arriving at the stadium six hours before kick off to stand in silence every week to make sure we get in all the tragedies and conflicts of the world.

Fuck it all off.

Just have silences at the footy for football related deaths.

It’s not hard at all. I just can’t be fucking arsed with them, I’m there to watch football.

If it’s not football related, it should not have a silence at a football stadium. I don’t care what tragedy has gone on, I don’t want them being mentioned or given any recognition at a game of football.

There are 32 armed conflicts going on in the world, around 35,000 people a year are murdered or go missing never to be found in Mexico. If we’re having them for Israel:Palestine we should be arriving at the stadium six hours before kick off to stand in silence every week to make sure we get in all the tragedies and conflicts of the world.

Fuck it all off.

Just have silences at the footy for football related deaths.
Spot on.

The OP has a point, Bobby Charltons died only his clubs should hold a minutes silence.

If it true bill kenwright has carked it only everton need to hold a silence.

before silences were for nationl tragedies or club related deaths, not any old thing.

on applause on xyz minute, not a fan but will repect

I think Bobby Charlton is a special case he helped win us a world cup. All them legends deserved an applause/silence

I do agree we should keep it to our own for eveything else. 50 years down the road I don't expect Chelsea fans to do a minutes silence for Ledley, just like I don't think we would want to for John Terry. It's just the way it is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.