Silva or Ozil

didactic said:
I take all of Ozils contributions and raise you.

Silva.gif
Still the greatest pass I ever seen in my life..it's pure beauty

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
NQCitizen said:
didactic said:
Based on what exactly? Hype yes he is good but he is better than Aguero and Silva? Are you sure? Sturridge is currently playing the best in the league.

Based on his career record, which is stunning.

Could you explain, please?

Ozil: 427 games, 88 goals, 179 assists

Vs

Silva: 425 games, 75 goals, 108 assists.

Dodgy maths but it's the difference between 2 assists every 5 games and 1 assist every 4. Perhaps Ozil has played for better teams to get those assists but I don't think that would account for over 33% more assists for Ozil.

I think this suggests Ozil is the better player despite Silva being superb. But the Premier League XI would likely include both anyway.

mcfc2607 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Merlin > Ozil

but Mata > both.
Mata's not in the same league mate.

Go and find his combined goals and assists from last season and say that with a straight face!

FWIW, I think Ozil shades it. Our Dave is truly majestic, and plays with a style that is incredible to watch, but at the end of the season it wouldn't surprise me to see Ozil with the greater overall contribution. It's still bizarre he ended up at Arsenal TBH.

One comparison I read on here once that I agree with (during a comparison between Silva and Mata), is that whilst Mata is an exceptional attacking midfielder, Silva is a maestro. It's almost like he see's the biggest picture. He may not always be playing the final pass, or putting it in the net, but his contribution to the way the whole team moves around the pitch is what makes him special.

Silva's only limitation is himself. IMO at his very best, the top of his game is higher than any mentioned, we just don't see it nearly enough.

NQCitizen said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
NQCitizen said:

Vs

Dodgy maths but it's the difference between 2 assists every 5 games and 1 assist every 4. Perhaps Ozil has played for better teams to get those assists but I don't think that would account for over 33% more assists for Ozil.

I think this suggests Ozil is the better player despite Silva being superb. But the Premier League XI would likely include both anyway.

Its not very hard to assist Cristiano Ronaldo though is it? Or Karim Benzema or Higuin its like fishing with dynamite or going on the pull with a rock star. He is supremely good but not better than Silva.

if i had the choice i would have them both but if i had to choose one then Silva why because he is ours and we love him.

NQCitizen said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
NQCitizen said:

Vs

Always a dodgy figure is 'Assists'. Silva plays in a slightly less attacking role than Ozil (from the little of what I have seen/heard about him) so is less likely to be in a position for the final pass. What we need are the figures for AssistAssists and AssistAssistAssists?

it's a close one, there's not a lot in it and both are fantastic players.

i would swap silva for ozil and i'm sure if you offered an arse fan the same they wouldn't swap.

all i care about really though is silva playing well for us and city winning.

didactic said:
NQCitizen said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

Vs

Its not very hard to assist Cristiano Ronaldo though is it? Or Karim Benzema or Higuin its like fishing with dynamite or going on the pull with a rock star. He is supremely good but not better than Silva.

The quality of the team is not that fair an argument though as Ronaldo would also take some of those assists as would Kaka, Di Maria, Alonso etc. To shine as the provider at Real Madrid shows how good you are, not just how good the players around you are. Silva has had Aguero, Tevez and Villa (arguably a better trio than you named) in front of him mostly let's not forget.

I think all in all (and have supported statistically) he is better than Silva and anyone else in this league (possibly Aguero excepted - they're much harder to compare).

Mark Noble says merlin is better..... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-david-silva-better-2474324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-2474324</a>

Manchester City's David Silva is better than Mesut Ozil, insists Mark Noble
20 Oct 2013 22:41

The Man City playmaker is better than Mesut Ozil, Christian Eriksen and Eden Hazard, says Mark Noble, who heaps praise on Sil

The man they call Merlin at Manchester City left West Ham bewitched at Upton Park.

And as Manchester rivals United continue shedding points, Reds fans will rue the club’s inability to land an attacking midfield magician of the calibre of David Silva.

Sergio Aguero may have given Manuel Pellegrini’s men their cutting edge with some ruthless finishing but it was Silva who pulled the strings magnificently behind him.

So it was fitting that the ex-Valencia playmaker sealed City’s first away win of the season with his late strike.

And while Chelsea have Eden Hazard, Arsenal fans are purring over Mesut Ozil and Spurs are excited at the arrival of Christian Eriksen, West Ham’s Mark Noble reckons Silva tops the lot.

“At the minute he is probably better.” said the Hammers midfielder, “He’s got that ­experience. He has won things with Spain. He has won championships here.

“He has won cups here and he is like that week in, week out. He is one of the best players on the pitch every time he goes out there. That’s what Spain seem to be bringing through these days. Every player that comes over or every player that you see on the telly is a top, top player.

“That’s why they have been winning everything over the last few years.”

City have spent a staggering £601million since Micah ­Richards signed his first ­professional contract at the club in 2005.

The likes of Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli have all lit up the top flight with their stellar performances for the Citizens.

But Richards agrees that Silva should be at the top of the tree. He said of the Spaniard’s display: “It was ridiculous. We call him Merlin.

“He’s like a little wizard, isn’t he? He is class. He is probably the best player I have played with. He just makes it look easy, the way he goes past people. He is just amazing.”

Asked how he manages to deal with the 27-year-old schemer in training, Richards laughed: “I don’t give him any room – I just smash him! He doesn’t come near me!

“We have an agreement – you don’t come near me, I won’t hurt you. You know what I mean? That is the only way you can stop him.”

City sliced through the centre of the West Ham defence for their first with Alvaro Negredo leaving Fernandinho’s pass for Aguero to calmly shoot home.

Aguero made it 2-0 with a bullet header from David Silva’s free-kick, only for Ricardo Vaz Te to reply with ?an ­acrobatic strike to set up a tense climax.

Silva found the top corner to seal City’s victory.

It is quite something, when you consider City’s strength in depth, that they have had to wait until their fourth away game for their first three points on the road.

A shock defeat to Cardiff was followed by a draw at Stoke and then another huge upset at Aston Villa.

Richards admitted afterwards that the false starts had been nagging away at the team.

He went on: “If you look at the games, especially against Villa, we played really well, we just had a lapse in ­concentration at the end and that cost us.

“But today we have had no such problems. When they pulled one back, we stayed strong and closed it out at the end.

“I thought the front five were outstanding and Silva and Aguero were breathtaking.

bluevengence said:
Mark Noble says merlin is better..... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-david-silva-better-2474324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-2474324</a>
<Snip>

To be fair, players often say such things after people like Silva come and pull their team apart. I expect this Ozil/Silva comparison will become very tired by seasons end. He's certainly got a lot of very good competition for the best player in the league, even from our own team, so hopefully it will spur him to exceptional things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.