Sneijder (Merged)

Re: Tevez 4 Sneijder: Yes or No?

Mancio said:
hgblue said:
adrianr said:
Lol, not rubbish. Well, maybe we'll like him, or at least not hate him, but he's not going to be as good as people think. The player(s) Arsenal were missing yesterday was Fabregas (and arguably Wilshere), they are a completely different side without him. I'm not saying Nasri isn't good or he doesn't add anything to the team he's playing in, but he's not crucial to Arsenal and he won't be crucial to us. He'll be good when we're playing good but he won't drag us through the tough games when we're playing sub-par (which is what Fabregas was very good at time and time again for Arsenal). We'll have the same attitude to Nasri as we do to Adam Johnson. Blowing hot and cold, nowhere near a truly important player in the ilk of Kompany, Silva, Tevez, Hart, etc. On the other hand I've no doubt if he does come he'll make some bloody fantastic highlight reels, at least for the first half of the season :p The way some are talking about him on here you'd think he'll fire us to title glory which he just won't. Sneijder would be the FAR better bet if that's what people want from our next signing.

Edit: Not to mention the fact people think he's going to be the creative play maker back up to Silva. Which he won't be. If Nasri is playing in the middle without Silva I'll bet we still look exactly like we do playing without Silva now, clueless.

Wow, you and a few others are in for a pleasant surprise when Nasri signs. He's a cracking player and MUCH better than many on here seem to think.

the time has come to agree with you ;)

It was only a matter of time before you saw the light :)

hgblue said:
adrianr said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Rubbish.

Watching Arsenal without Nasri and Fabregas yesterday was like watching (whisper it) a mid table side.

By the end of the first season everyone will love Nasri and those who made posts like the one above will be denying they ever made them. He is made for us.

Lol, not rubbish. Well, maybe we'll like him, or at least not hate him, but he's not going to be as good as people think. The player(s) Arsenal were missing yesterday was Fabregas (and arguably Wilshere), they are a completely different side without him. I'm not saying Nasri isn't good or he doesn't add anything to the team he's playing in, but he's not crucial to Arsenal and he won't be crucial to us. He'll be good when we're playing good but he won't drag us through the tough games when we're playing sub-par (which is what Fabregas was very good at time and time again for Arsenal). We'll have the same attitude to Nasri as we do to Adam Johnson. Blowing hot and cold, nowhere near a truly important player in the ilk of Kompany, Silva, Tevez, Hart, etc. On the other hand I've no doubt if he does come he'll make some bloody fantastic highlight reels, at least for the first half of the season :p The way some are talking about him on here you'd think he'll fire us to title glory which he just won't. Sneijder would be the FAR better bet if that's what people want from our next signing.

Edit: Not to mention the fact people think he's going to be the creative play maker back up to Silva. Which he won't be. If Nasri is playing in the middle without Silva I'll bet we still look exactly like we do playing without Silva now, clueless.

Wow, you and a few others are in for a pleasant surprise when Nasri signs. He's a cracking player and MUCH better than many on here seem to think.

Yeah, possibly. Either way it works out good for me. I'm right, or City are better for it :p

I am surprised by how far off some people's opinion of Nasri is on here - one of my Premier League favourites.

Quick, creative yet still solid and with a right dig on him.

Like nothing else we have in the side to be honest, and a perfect fit for us. Comparison of his level of ability with Adam Johnson is just ridiculous quite frankly. Another level.

Read again. I compared our attitude to Nasri being like that of Adam Johnson. Does anyone think Johnson is as good as he could/should be? Does anyone think he has occasional flashes of brilliance dotted around multiple anonymous performances? Would anyone genuinely name Adam Johnson as a core and crucial member of our squad?

That's how I think we're going to feel about Nasri. When he's good he'll be shit hot (And yes, better than Johnson). We'll be drowned in threads proclaiming his genius, mazy dribbles comparable to Messi. He needs to start every game without fail, we'll all be asking how on earth we got by without him...

A good portion of the time however, we'll all be asking "And where was Nasri exactly? And why the **** didn't we buy Sneijder instead?" :p

adrianr said:
Yeah, possibly. Either way it works out good for me. I'm right, or City are better for it :p

No offence intended (well maybe a little) but that is the problem I have with those who endlessly moan, criticise and are negative on here - it gets on my wick because you know when they turn out to be wrong they are going to be happy because City are doing well, and will no doubt state they are glad to have been proven wrong, but if they turn out to be right they are going to be smug and gloating about that and claiming intellectual superiority.

It's the pussy's way - like laying off a bet, but without the common sense aspect of protecting your stake ;-)

Not what 'support' is about for me. To be able to say Nasri not playing well can in any way 'turn out good for you' boggles my mind.

Genuine concerns are fine, but taking a negative viewpoint just so you are happy either way is, to be blunt, wank.

Back to Sneijder.

This morning, 2 of the three sports papers name us in connexion with Tevez going to Inter with the Dutchman heading to us.

This despite us reportedly being quoted that his wage demands are excessive.

Tez Tosterone said:
Back to Sneijder.

This morning, 2 of the three sports papers name us in connexion with Tevez going to Inter with the Dutchman heading to us.

This despite us reportedly being quoted that his wage demands are excessive.
its the only deal i can see thats viable mate?!?! will be gutted to lose carlos but getting sneijder would certainly soften the blow.

It appears that Moratti and Branca and Gasperini are all sold on Tevez and Lavezzi as replacements for Sammy Eto'o and Wesley S.

Judging from Inter's poorish showing against Milan in the FarEast last week, I suspect they want to sort something out pretty soon.

Tez Tosterone said:
It appears that Moratti and Branca and Gasperini are all sold on Tevez and Lavezzi as replacements for Sammy Eto'o and Wesley S.

Judging from Inter's poorish showing against Milan in the FarEast last week, I suspect they want to sort something out pretty soon.
fingers crossed we`ve got khaldhoon doing the tevez/sneijder deal then mate!! cookie and co can sort nasri but we need the top dog for this one!

adrianr said:
hgblue said:
adrianr said:

I am surprised by how far off some people's opinion of Nasri is on here - one of my Premier League favourites.

Like nothing else we have in the side to be honest, and a perfect fit for us. Comparison of his level of ability with Adam Johnson is just ridiculous quite frankly. Another level.

Read again. I compared our attitude to Nasri being like that of Adam Johnson. Does anyone think Johnson is as good as he could/should be? Does anyone think he has occasional flashes of brilliance dotted around multiple anonymous performances? Would anyone genuinely name Adam Johnson as a core and crucial member of our squad?

That's how I think we're going to feel about Nasri. When he's good he'll be shit hot (And yes, better than Johnson). We'll be drowned in threads proclaiming his genius, mazy dribbles comparable to Messi. He needs to start every game without fail, we'll all be asking how on earth we got by without him...

A good portion of the time however, we'll all be asking "And where was Nasri exactly? And why the **** didn't we buy Sneijder instead?" :p

Assuming he signs for us shall we leave it until he has played for us before SLAGGING HIM OFF? FFS<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:05 am --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
adrianr said:
hgblue said:

Assuming he signs for us shall we leave it until he has played for us before SLAGGING HIM OFF? FFS

especially on the SNEIJDER thread

I don't quite understand why people don't rate Sneijder, they've quite clearly never watched him, he's holding this price tag and wages for a reason...and that is he is pure quality. Granted, we'd need our medical team to keep his knees going strong all season but his Champions League experience would be imperitive this season. The guy's 27 years of age, potentially has his best few seasons ahead of him!

Not to say that Nasri ain't a tidy little player himself but I can't see him reaching the heights of Sneijder by the time he's 27 and I keep saying it on here but the guys never completed a full season in the Prem, he's as injured as often as he is playing, that's worrying at such a young age, prehaps in a few seasons the Prem will really have took it's toll on him.

So yeah I'd have Wesley in a heart beat and that's regardless if Tevez stays or not! People want Sneijder and Nasri...well if greed certainly is good then I want Sneijder and Tevez!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.