so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
Agenda of the Manchester Football Correspondent...
A lot of our problems are down the fact that the journalist nominally assigned to cover City ihome games is often the journalist who covers all thing raggy.

Consider the Telegraph where the so called "Northern" football correspondent, one Mark Ogden He is a rag. Ran a united fanzine and worked for MUTV before getting the job at the Telegraph. Whenever he gets a City game to report on it is written through red tinted glasses. Consider Yesterdays match report:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/11119054/Tottenham-Hotspur-3-Nottingham-Forest-1-Capital-One-Cup-match-report-Championship-leaders-denied.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enied.html</a>
Manchester City 7 Sheffield Wednesday 0, Capital One Cup: Manuel Pellegrini's side stroll into fourth round
Manuel Pellegrini's side stroll into fourth round following seven-goal rout at the Etihad Stadium
By Mark Ogden, Northern Football Correspondent, Etihad Stadium
Frank Lampard was supposed to offer no more than experienced cover at Manchester City, but his loan move to the Etihad Stadium is developing into the fairytale of the New Yorker.”

Can you imagine a Utd 7-0 win being written up in same way?

TBH mate, I don't quite see what's wrong with that report. I gave my ticktet for Wednesday to a mate as I couldn't attend due to work commitments, but I did listen to the match on GMR and tbf, the above report kind of summed up what The Goat and Ian Cheeseman were saying.

At one point, Cheeseman commented how annonymous Lampard had been during the first half, he went on to say that it was 30 minutes in and he could't quite remember if he'd mentioned his name yet. They both commented that Wednesday had brough 7000+ fans with them and seemed more up for the scrap than we were and they were controlling large parts of the first half with some ultra high energy football.

The media are what they are and after crawling up ManUre's arse for a 1/4 of a decade, they're hardly likely to just drop them in favour of their favourite joke club City. It took time for City to be taken seriously and I believe it will take a change of the old guard before we see a change in attitudes toward us. In the meantime it gives me a warm glow inside to know they're typing away with fingers stiffened by rage whilst trying to be unbiased.

My son plays football for a kids team and its very noticeable that the majority of the kids turn up for the non-club training sessions sporting City kits and ManUre kits are now the exception and no longer the rule. These kids are our future Ogden's and Herbert's and fans in general. When the aforementioned retire or move on, our next generation of fans will replace them and it's only then I can see the balance being redressed.

Although I hate Manure to the point that I can only bare to watch them when we have to play them, I hope that when our generation of support replaces the Ogden's and Herbert's of this world, that they themselves have more class in respect to their career's and report the matches as they see them. If Gary 'Rat Boy' Neville can do it (albeit through gritted teeth) then so can any of our fans if they reach a level of prominence in the media.

Personally I have no issues with the Telegraph report.

Dribble said:
BlueAnorak said:
A lot of our problems are down the fact that the journalist nominally assigned to cover City ihome games is often the journalist who covers all thing raggy.

Consider the Telegraph where the so called "Northern" football correspondent, one Mark Ogden He is a rag. Ran a united fanzine and worked for MUTV before getting the job at the Telegraph. Whenever he gets a City game to report on it is written through red tinted glasses. Consider Yesterdays match report:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/11119054/Tottenham-Hotspur-3-Nottingham-Forest-1-Capital-One-Cup-match-report-Championship-leaders-denied.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... enied.html</a>
Manchester City 7 Sheffield Wednesday 0, Capital One Cup: Manuel Pellegrini's side stroll into fourth round
Manuel Pellegrini's side stroll into fourth round following seven-goal rout at the Etihad Stadium
Frank Lampard was supposed to offer no more than experienced cover at Manchester City, but his loan move to the Etihad Stadium is developing into the fairytale of the New Yorker.”

TBH mate, I don't quite see what's wrong with that report. I gave my ticktet for Wednesday to a mate as I couldn't attend due to work commitments, but I did listen to the match on GMR and tbf, the above report kind of summed up what The Goat and Ian Cheeseman were saying.

At one point, Cheeseman commented how annonymous Lampard had been during the first half, he went on to say that it was 30 minutes in and he could't quite remember if he'd mentioned his name yet. They both commented that Wednesday had brough 7000+ fans with them and seemed more up for the scrap than we were and they were controlling large parts of the first half with some ultra high energy football.

The media are what they are and after crawling up ManUre's arse for a 1/4 of a decade, they're hardly likely to just drop them in favour of their favourite joke club City. It took time for City to be taken seriously and I believe it will take a change of the old guard before we see a change in attitudes toward us. In the meantime it gives me a warm glow inside to know they're typing away with fingers stiffened by rage whilst trying to be unbiased.

My son plays football for a kids team and its very noticeable that the majority of the kids turn up for the non-club training sessions sporting City kits and ManUre kits are now the exception and no longer the rule. These kids are our future Ogden's and Herbert's and fans in general. When the aforementioned retire or move on, our next generation of fans will replace them and it's only then I can see the balance being redressed.

Although I hate Manure to the point that I can only bare to watch them when we have to play them, I hope that when our generation of support replaces the Ogden's and Herbert's of this world, that they themselves have more class in respect to their career's and report the matches as they see them. If Gary 'Rat Boy' Neville can do it (albeit through gritted teeth) then so can any of our fans if they reach a level of prominence in the media.

Personally I have no issues with the Telegraph report.

excellent post mate and just the sort of thing i have said in previous posts

George Hannah said:
Ric said:
George Hannah said:
it's a sick joke letting vermillion vermin like him write up our games
I don't think we get to dictate who can write our match reports for the national press, so it's hardly a "sick joke".
Ogden, like Herbert and Jackson, has little integrity though. He clearly lets his partisanship influence his reporting, which gives him no credibility as a journalist.
Doesn't matter who chooses to let him discharge his anti-City effluent in match reports - it's still a sick joke.

Looking at it slightly differently perhaps we are saying that the distorted view is the one that is often written when MUFC win against an inferior team.
Remember pre season games for MUFC and the degree of expectation that these meaningless games produced ?

Do we really want that type of hype for a good performance by City.

I like to think that the average City supporter would see through that type of obvious hyping of our performances. We are only just getting used to having a successful team and professional owners so over the top praise may be a step too far for our more realistic expectations.

BBC sport homepage this morning.

Top right corner - Sportsday - LIVE - rolling news, football previews plus your great derby moments.

with it being the merseyside derby this weekend, what picture do you think the BBC is using? What classic liverpool or everton winning goal are they highlighting?

Yes, thats right - Rooneys spawny overhead shinner in the MANCHESTER derbyfrom 2012, their only league win against us in the last 3 years.

Agenda???

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2770163/Liverpool-U-21s-3-4-Manchester-City-U-21s-Jordi-Hiwula-gets-Patrick-Vieira-s-boys-track.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... paign=1490</a>

You have got to love the Daily Mail. Notice the first line of the report:

Patrick Vieira's so-called Elite Development Squad .....

Its not the so called EDS that's their name, like it or not. Mr so called Daily Mail reporter !

I should point out that Mogadon rewrote his report twice
The first - City were totally shite and scored seven goals in a tiny paragraph at the end.
The second - City were shite but took command in two paragraphs at the end.
The third as above.
- But as aI say he would be creaming his pants if Utd had won 7-0 with the clear assumption that the trophy may as well be presented tomorrow, as no one would match them.

BlueAnorak said:

Frank Lampard was supposed to offer no more than experienced cover at Manchester City, but his loan move to the Etihad Stadium is developing into the fairytale of the New Yorker.
A crucial equalising goal against Chelsea at the weekend and now two in a seven-goal Capital One Cup rout of Sheffield Wednesday, which was capped by a young supporter running on to the pitch to pose for a selfie with the former England midfielder.
Not bad for starters for the 36-year-old, whose loan from New York City FC is due to expire at the beginning of February. But Manuel Pellegrini, the City manager, admitted after this third-round tie that Lampard may yet stick around at the Etihad Stadium for the remainder of the season if he continues to impress.
Such a move may not be too well received in Manhattan and in the Fifth Avenue offices of Major League Soccer but, with both clubs owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, Lampard’s situation is clearly a complex one and it may have to wait longer than expected to become an Englishman in New York. “We will do what is best for the team and the player,” Pellegrini said.
“We must talk about a lot of things, but it is not impossible for him to stay here. It is an issue that we will see further down the line. We will see what happens in January and we have two or three months to decide. He is a very important player for our team and maybe, at 36, he cannot play three games in a row. But Frank is a top player.”
Wherever Lampard plies his trade in the new year, he is proving that he will contribute more than a famous name and pedigree to the team for which he plays. Prior to Lampard’s opener in this game, Wednesday had frustrated the Premier League champions in an evenly fought first half. But with the veteran one of City’s few impressive performers in the opening period, it was apt that he scored the first goal to set the home side on their way to victory.
With the Capital One Cup final on March 1 and Lampard due back in the United States for the start of the MLS season two weeks later, there may yet be a temptation on the player’s part to pursue a third winner’s medal in the competition should City progress to the latter stages.
Whether New York City would be prepared to accommodate Lampard’s desire to remain in Manchester is another matter but, if the midfielder sustains this form, Pellegrini would be foolish to allow him to leave.
The City manager had gone into the game emphasising the need to rotate his squad, with the club entering a taxing period of seven games in 21 days, but the Chilean selected a surprisingly strong starting XI to face Championship opponents.
Willy Caballero, City’s Argentine goalkeeper, was the only player on the home side not to have represented his country, with Pellegrini packing his team with the seasoned experience of Yaya Touré, Lampard and many of last season’s title-winning squad. Youngsters such as Dedryck Boyata, Jose Angel Pozo and Sinan Bytyqi were overlooked and named on the bench, but despite the formidable strength of City’s XI, Wednesday were neither overawed nor overpowered in the first half.
In sixth place in the Championship, pursuing a return to the top flight for the first time since relegation in 2000, Wednesday displayed energy and tenacity as they met the challenge of facing the champions head on in the early stages. But for poor finishing by centre-forward Gary Madine, Stuart Gray’s team should have taken the lead as early as the seventh minute.
Madine, the archetypal lower-league journeyman, possessed the brawn to trouble Martin Demichelis and Eliaquim Mangala, but he lacked the finishing touch and only he will know how he failed to trouble Caballero with a free header from Jacques Maghoma’s pinpoint cross – a chance wasted. But Wednesday continued to test City, with Maghoma, Stevie May and Liam Palmer enjoying more of the ball than their direct opponents.
Only Lampard and James Milner displayed anything like the commitment and desire required for City, who only created sporadic chances in the opening period. Milner had a close-range shot saved by Chris Kirkland, while Mangala rattled the post with a left-foot volley from Aleksandar Kolarov’s corner. Other than a tame Dzeko header, easily saved by Kirkland, City failed to go close to opening the scoring before the interval.
It all changed after half-time, however, with Lampard scoring on 47 minutes after being teed up by Jesús Navas’s near-post cross. From that point on, Wednesday found themselves washed away by a blue tide, with Dzeko making it 2-0 six minutes later, again from a Navas assist.
The Spain winger then scored a third with a strike that beat Kirkland after initially hitting the bar, before Touré scored with a penalty after Kamil Zayatte was dismissed by referee Paul Tierney for a foul on Lampard. Dzeko made it 5-0 on 77 minutes before the teenager Pozo scored a debut goal in the 90th minute. Lampard then made it 7-0 three minutes into stoppage time.
“We had a mad nine-minute period when they scored three and showed the gulf in class between the Premier League and Championship,” Gray said. “We were punished for things we would not be punished for in the Championship. We were playing against world-class players, but we are back to our bread-and-butter at the weekend against Cardiff.”

To be honest like others have said it is a pretty accurate report. Just out of interest I read through the match day thread to seek a second opinion in relation to Ogdens opinion.

Most people are even more critical of the first half performance and the comments were much more strongly worded and critical of the team.

Do those fans also have an agenda against City or similar to Ogden were they just underwhelmed by the teams performance?

franksinatra said:
BlueAnorak said:

Frank Lampard was supposed to offer no more than experienced cover at Manchester City, but his loan move to the Etihad Stadium is developing into the fairytale of the New Yorker.
A crucial equalising goal against Chelsea at the weekend and now two in a seven-goal Capital One Cup rout of Sheffield Wednesday, which was capped by a young supporter running on to the pitch to pose for a selfie with the former England midfielder.
Not bad for starters for the 36-year-old, whose loan from New York City FC is due to expire at the beginning of February. But Manuel Pellegrini, the City manager, admitted after this third-round tie that Lampard may yet stick around at the Etihad Stadium for the remainder of the season if he continues to impress.
Such a move may not be too well received in Manhattan and in the Fifth Avenue offices of Major League Soccer but, with both clubs owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, Lampard’s situation is clearly a complex one and it may have to wait longer than expected to become an Englishman in New York. “We will do what is best for the team and the player,” Pellegrini said.
“We must talk about a lot of things, but it is not impossible for him to stay here. It is an issue that we will see further down the line. We will see what happens in January and we have two or three months to decide. He is a very important player for our team and maybe, at 36, he cannot play three games in a row. But Frank is a top player.”
Wherever Lampard plies his trade in the new year, he is proving that he will contribute more than a famous name and pedigree to the team for which he plays. Prior to Lampard’s opener in this game, Wednesday had frustrated the Premier League champions in an evenly fought first half. But with the veteran one of City’s few impressive performers in the opening period, it was apt that he scored the first goal to set the home side on their way to victory.
With the Capital One Cup final on March 1 and Lampard due back in the United States for the start of the MLS season two weeks later, there may yet be a temptation on the player’s part to pursue a third winner’s medal in the competition should City progress to the latter stages.
Whether New York City would be prepared to accommodate Lampard’s desire to remain in Manchester is another matter but, if the midfielder sustains this form, Pellegrini would be foolish to allow him to leave.
The City manager had gone into the game emphasising the need to rotate his squad, with the club entering a taxing period of seven games in 21 days, but the Chilean selected a surprisingly strong starting XI to face Championship opponents.
Willy Caballero, City’s Argentine goalkeeper, was the only player on the home side not to have represented his country, with Pellegrini packing his team with the seasoned experience of Yaya Touré, Lampard and many of last season’s title-winning squad. Youngsters such as Dedryck Boyata, Jose Angel Pozo and Sinan Bytyqi were overlooked and named on the bench, but despite the formidable strength of City’s XI, Wednesday were neither overawed nor overpowered in the first half.
In sixth place in the Championship, pursuing a return to the top flight for the first time since relegation in 2000, Wednesday displayed energy and tenacity as they met the challenge of facing the champions head on in the early stages. But for poor finishing by centre-forward Gary Madine, Stuart Gray’s team should have taken the lead as early as the seventh minute.
Madine, the archetypal lower-league journeyman, possessed the brawn to trouble Martin Demichelis and Eliaquim Mangala, but he lacked the finishing touch and only he will know how he failed to trouble Caballero with a free header from Jacques Maghoma’s pinpoint cross – a chance wasted. But Wednesday continued to test City, with Maghoma, Stevie May and Liam Palmer enjoying more of the ball than their direct opponents.
Only Lampard and James Milner displayed anything like the commitment and desire required for City, who only created sporadic chances in the opening period. Milner had a close-range shot saved by Chris Kirkland, while Mangala rattled the post with a left-foot volley from Aleksandar Kolarov’s corner. Other than a tame Dzeko header, easily saved by Kirkland, City failed to go close to opening the scoring before the interval.
It all changed after half-time, however, with Lampard scoring on 47 minutes after being teed up by Jesús Navas’s near-post cross. From that point on, Wednesday found themselves washed away by a blue tide, with Dzeko making it 2-0 six minutes later, again from a Navas assist.
The Spain winger then scored a third with a strike that beat Kirkland after initially hitting the bar, before Touré scored with a penalty after Kamil Zayatte was dismissed by referee Paul Tierney for a foul on Lampard. Dzeko made it 5-0 on 77 minutes before the teenager Pozo scored a debut goal in the 90th minute. Lampard then made it 7-0 three minutes into stoppage time.
“We had a mad nine-minute period when they scored three and showed the gulf in class between the Premier League and Championship,” Gray said. “We were punished for things we would not be punished for in the Championship. We were playing against world-class players, but we are back to our bread-and-butter at the weekend against Cardiff.”

To be honest like others have said it is a pretty accurate report. Just out of interest I read through the match day thread to seek a second opinion in relation to Ogdens opinion.

Most people are even more critical of the first half performance and the comments were much more strongly worded and critical of the team.

Do those fans also have an agenda against City or similar to Ogden were they just underwhelmed by the teams performance?
No, they are football fans as you say, who get tied up with emotion
He's an independent journalist writing for a major broadsheet

squirtyflower said:
franksinatra said:
BlueAnorak said:

No, they are football fans as you say, who get tied up with emotion
He's an independent journalist writing for a major broadsheet

But whether tied up with emotion or not most people would agree that First Half City were poor. Why is a journalist not able to say it? Maybe without emotion he came to the same conclusion

City1974 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2770163/Liverpool-U-21s-3-4-Manchester-City-U-21s-Jordi-Hiwula-gets-Patrick-Vieira-s-boys-track.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

You have got to love the Daily Mail. Notice the first line of the report:

Patrick Vieira's so-called Elite Development Squad .....

Its not the so called EDS that's their name, like it or not. Mr so called Daily Mail reporter !

This doesn't deserve to get lost in pages of agenda argy-bargy. This is just unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.