so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky Toma said:
moomba said:
Elbow beards said:
Everton attendance 32,000 over 7000 down on capacity, any mention of that in media anywhere?

Yes, at the start of the game the commentator said it was an excellent attendance at Goodison, as you would expect.

The attendance issue is a sham and yet another easy excuse for the media to get their snidey digs in.

But it's almost a straw man argument to compare the media's take on attendances at Goodison and White Hart Lane in the Europa Cup.

Ours was against Roma in the Champions League. Very different.

And one of the biggest crowds in Europe in the night!

waspish said:
Lucky Toma said:
moomba said:
Yes, at the start of the game the commentator said it was an excellent attendance at Goodison, as you would expect.

The attendance issue is a sham and yet another easy excuse for the media to get their snidey digs in.

But it's almost a straw man argument to compare the media's take on attendances at Goodison and White Hart Lane in the Europa Cup.

And one of the biggest crowds in Europe in the night!

Yup I agree that the flak we received was underhand, petty, and lacking in substance.

Its just the comparisons to attendances in the Europa gets us nowhere. For a while the tournament looked like a dead duck with attendances low, the kids being picked, and enthausiasm for it minimal.

It seems to be having somewhat of a revival of late so it follows the television companies who have paid a great deal of money to cover it will overlook the odd spare seat and take a positive stance.

George Hannah said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
There is no co-ordinated agenda against City but there is clear media bias, for commercial reasons ....
It's co-ordinated alright but you don't have to accept that - it is a shared agenda which has exactly the same effect

I doubt it's co-ordinated but it is clear that individuals in the RagDipperMeedya only want to publish or broadcast a story that has a negative slant. They are all buying into the KickMCFC Hymn Book Revised Edition or the European Edition.

Full page story in the DT this morning about Pellers, the main thrust of which is that he should expect the sack

I'm not defending Pellers in any way but does anyone recall an article about sacking Bodgers or Moyes? There are two approaches that the RagDipper Meedya employ. The interesting, positive, sympathetic article, depending on the result for teams like The Rags, The Dippers, Spurs or the Arse. CFC also get a decent press because Moaninho is a darling of the Press Corps and haven't BT signed him up for some chinwaggery? For City when there is a blazing demolition of a team we might get a lone journo singing our praises, but most times it's stiletto between the ribs.

moomba said:
Lucky Toma said:
moomba said:

Not really. What they are saying is that more people should go to the glamour competitions and glamour games. But aren't those people derided by the press as bandwagoners and gloryhunters?
This, time and again they beat us with this stick, we give 2 for 1 tickets and get a sell out which shows that cost is the greatest reason for non attendance, did we get congratulated for making the game accessible to more people, no they just took the piss for saying they gave tickets away!! Do remember a certain club giving students tickets to fill ground

Elbow beards said:
moomba said:
Lucky Toma said:

Not really. What they are saying is that more people should go to the glamour competitions and glamour games. But aren't those people derided by the press as bandwagoners and gloryhunters?
This, time and again they beat us with this stick, we give 2 for 1 tickets and get a sell out which shows that cost is the greatest reason for non attendance, did we get congratulated for making the game accessible to more people, no they just took the piss for saying they gave tickets away!! Do remember a certain club giving students tickets to fill ground

And did you take the piss out of them when they did? Or did you congratulate them for making the game accessible to more people?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
George Hannah said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
There is no co-ordinated agenda against City but there is clear media bias, for commercial reasons ....
It's co-ordinated alright but you don't have to accept that - it is a shared agenda which has exactly the same effect

I doubt it's co-ordinated but it is clear that individuals in the RagDipperMeedya only want to publish or broadcast a story that has a negative slant. They are all buying into the KickMCFC Hymn Book Revised Edition or the European Edition.

Full page story in the DT this morning about Pellers, the main thrust of which is that he should expect the sack

I'm not defending Pellers in any way but does anyone recall an article about sacking Bodgers or Moyes? There are two approaches that the RagDipper Meedya employ. The interesting, positive, sympathetic article, depending on the result for teams like The Rags, The Dippers, Spurs or the Arse. CFC also get a decent press because Moaninho is a darling of the Press Corps and haven't BT signed him up for some chinwaggery? For City when there is a blazing demolition of a team we might get a lone journo singing our praises, but most times it's stiletto between the ribs.

There were loads about Moyes potentially getting the sack. You just chose to forget them as it suit your argument.

franksinatra said:
George Hannah said:
There were loads about Moyes potentially getting the sack. You just chose to forget them as it suit your argument.
it's about the weight of the evidence for an anti-City agenda Frank, counterexamples exist but are comparatively rare, that's the whole point.

from another thread
Prestwich_Blue said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
Fck me could they be any more blatant, was a set of back and fronts.

0YnR4vM.jpg
That's only because there isn't an airline called Thick Scouse Wankers Airways.

George Hannah said:
franksinatra said:
it's about the weight of the evidence for an anti-City agenda Frank, counterexamples exist but are comparatively rare, that's the whole point.

Hi George,
It was suggested an article was not written and I think we all know this was not the case. I think it is impossible to compare the two circumstances and so the typical, could you imagine this article written about Moyes/United/Zaha etc is futile as the two situations are different. It could be argued Pellegrini has not been ridiculed in the same way Moyes was during his tenure. Would that mean their is a bias against United? Of course so I do not know why these baseless comparisons support either argument.

George Hannah said:
franksinatra said:

from another thread
Prestwich_Blue said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
Fck me could they be any more blatant, was a set of back and fronts.

0YnR4vM.jpg
That's only because there isn't an airline called Thick Scouse Wankers Airways.

That is not bias though. Just an idiot writing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.