so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
franksinatra said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I take it there has been a total media meltdown tonight with the biggest club in the Midlands only attracting 25,000 for a PL match
against the team currently second in the table? No? Thought not.

So the fact Villa have not been roundly criticised for their attendance means their is an agenda against us? What bizarre thinking.
No, but it is interesting that people only seem to comment on our attendances. For me, it's not something that the press should be going on about. Attendances debates are for playgrounds and internet forums. The fact that our attendances are getting so much attention this season is a good indicator of where the football media is at right now. In the main, they are just there to wind up supporters and generate clicks.

I completely agree it is poor form to discuss attendances within the media particularly in a time of particular hardship. Unfortunately our crowds have fallen in the most exposed and viewed competition in the world. Hence the reason it has been widely discussed. Lets face it if the fall was in the Capital cup it would not even be mentioned.

franksinatra said:
moomba said:
franksinatra said:
So the fact Villa have not been roundly criticised for their attendance means their is an agenda against us? What bizarre thinking.
No, but it is interesting that people only seem to comment on our attendances. For me, it's not something that the press should be going on about. Attendances debates are for playgrounds and internet forums. The fact that our attendances are getting so much attention this season is a good indicator of where the football media is at right now. In the main, they are just there to wind up supporters and generate clicks.

I completely agree it is poor form to discuss attendances within the media particularly in a time of particular hardship. Unfortunately our crowds have fallen in the most exposed and viewed competition in the world. Hence the reason it has been widely discussed. Lets face it if the fall was in the Capital cup it would not even be mentioned.
It did get mentioned in the Capital One Cup, both times, amazing that you didn't see that?

squirtyflower said:
franksinatra said:
moomba said:

It did get mentioned in the Capital One Cup, both times, amazing that you didn't see that?

Fair comment Squirty, not even mentioned was the wrong turn of phrase. But there was not a meltdown and in fairness the Villa crowd has been mentioned also.

franksinatra said:
squirtyflower said:
franksinatra said:

Fair comment Squirty, not even mentioned was the wrong turn of phrase. But there was not a meltdown and in fairness the Villa crowd has been mentioned also.
Our attendances, and also our re-build, have been the subject of public concern and lurking rags for several years now.
I always take comfort that they should worry so much about our little club and the way the owner seems to frivolously waste his money. Especially when they could be worrying about the upward trend in PL ticket prices and the downward trend in away crowds across the board. Or they could worry that the gap between low paid workers and higher paid workers has risen meaning that your average 'Joe" has less disposable income.
Why don't people like you post about that?

squirtyflower said:
franksinatra said:
squirtyflower said:

Our attendances, and also our re-build, have been the subject of public concern and lurking rags for several years now.
I always take comfort that they should worry so much about our little club and the way the owner seems to frivolously waste his money. Especially when they could be worrying about the upward trend in PL ticket prices and the downward trend in away crowds across the board. Or they could worry that the gap between low paid workers and higher paid workers has risen meaning that your average 'Joe" has less disposable income.
Why don't people like you post about that?

Look four posts up. Read the Southampton thread. I have made two on this subject that the press should not be criticising attendances and on the Southampton thread I commented that there support at Villa like ours at Southampton should not be criticised.

You can explain people like me now?

The continued criticism of our attendances and atmosphere , is a sign of desperation of the rag media , to appease their customers , if they write or comment anything positive about our club , they will lose customers in droves . But anything negative written or commented about us , will get the tills ringing , they are not concerned about the reaction of our club or supporters , because we are relatively , at this present time , a smaller club than the rags,dippers,arsenal etc ,its simple economics , and journalists and commentators will obey their paymasters , they have all got families to feed.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
The continued criticism of our attendances and atmosphere , is a sign of desperation of the rag media , to appease their customers , if they write or comment anything positive about our club , they will lose customers in droves . But anything negative written or commented about us , will get the tills ringing , they are not concerned about the reaction of our club or supporters , because we are relatively , at this present time , a smaller club than the rags,dippers,arsenal etc ,its simple economics , and journalists and commentators will obey their paymasters , they have all got families to feed.

Spot on but it makes them cunts and cunts should always be pointed out and challenged.

The annoying thing is that there would be a lot of merit in journo's looking into the reasons why attendances are dropping.

Forget about us for a minute and look at last nights game. 25k is quite an astounding attendance, and rather do the playground "bantz" thing of saying Villas fans are shit (as is regularly inferred with us) I'd love a journo to have a proper look at why Villa fans arent bothered any more.

Style of play, pricing, FFP, kick off times, TV, low prospects, awful refereeing, cheating etc. All good topics of discussion for any journo that wants to pull his head out of his arse for a minute and write about the real issues with falling crowds.

I won't hold my breath.

Broadening the picture does anyone else view the media criticism of attendance to be somewhat unsavoury regardless of club?

I understand it when its kept 'in-house' ie when fans of other clubs take the piss on Twitter etc

But its becoming increasingly the norm for newspapers to slag fans off for poor attendance....as if WE'RE to blame!

Villa - who have been serving up some poor football of late - played on a Monday night with tickets 40 quid and more for a match shown on Sky.

Its Sky and the extortionate prices that are driving the attendances down. Fans are being ripped off and their loyalty under-appreciated and taken for granted.

I just find the fact that we - the fans - getting it in the neck from the media is a bit sick.

You want an agenda? How about considering why and how its come to pass that supporters of different clubs are turning on each other on this issue rather than looking to the real culprits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.