So why did Mancini drop Lescot for Kolo?

not read all the replys but at first i thought, he hasnt played a lot this is a risk but on the other hand, hes faster, better on the ball n has more experience at this level than joleon... but all in all wasnt the right game to do it, moving kompany across too unsettled everyone

I've always liked Lescott and thought he fitted better into the defence than Kolo, but Roberto has always preferred Toure.
He has his likes and dislikes, I think: not always in the best interests of the team.

Think Mancini expected Robben to start and Kompany as a right footed defender would have been better to negate Robben.

Lescott has been our most improved player since January. He is back to his sharpness and awareness that he had at Everton and is even getting goalside much more. He is obviously as fit as a butchers dog and to drop him was quite simply - a very poor decision.

Kolo had already lost half a yard a year ago and does not have one ounce of the presence of VK. Remember that Kolo used to float around the defence with the ball and would start to flap if there was not a simple pass for him and would inevitably just boom it up the field.

Add to this that he has only had 1 competitive game in 12 months so completely irrespective of his champions league experience, that huge current lack of match fitness was never going to be a match for Bayern away - by far the most feared match of all the group.

The simple fact was that we were 2 down before half time, before all of the Tevez shit - and both goals were as a direct result of major defensive errors rather than outstanding attacking play. Lescott should have started without doubt.

I was at the game and it was very noticable in the warm up that the 'subs' training was not all smiles. Lescott came out after 5 of the 7 had been out for at least 10 minutes and Tevez came out even later. Zabs was already having words with Tevez and there was some very obvious bad feeling even before the game started.

Harsh on an in-form Lescott, but he could have waited until we'd played Blackburn - two week break after that game.

was at the match last night and after game was finished went down into bottom of ground where lescott and milner were doing a warm down ,wanted to ask him why he was dropped but jobsworth steward would not let us down but he gave us a wave but as he left the pitch took off his training jacket and shirt and threw them into some bayern fans behind dugout ,didnt seem very happy and who could blame him,if you were gonna drop a centre half it would be kompany who has had more problems than lescott this season.Hope he dosent end up disillusioned now like Dzeko, and those before him ie silva at fulham how mancini thinks toure is better is baffling,but he is the boss

Decisions, decisions... Regardless, Mancini needs to get creative with our defense, in more ways than playing Kompany on the left. Get the holding DM position sorted, and pay NDJ more if that's what it takes!

11 competitive games since last defeat v everton. Lescott played all. 7 clean sheets. 9 wins.

Toure 1 game in 6 months against Birmingham reserves.

Not a great decision.

However it wouldn't have made much difference last night. We got beat by a much better team on the night.

I could hardly believe it when I saw the starting line-up, and I figured Lescott was sick or slighly injured or something which reduced his capacity, which made Kolo a safer choice.
But apparently not.. and I don't get it at all.

murcian blue 2 said:
kolo is much better passing the ball about lescot just puts it back where it came from most of the time
Kolo Toure - Better at passing.
Joleon Lescott - Better at tackling, heading, reading the game, reacting and was more match fit.

I think Lescott was more suitable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.