Society as we know it to collapse within 20 years

I was using the quote to illustrate the relative stability of human nature over 25 centuries.

I know any kind of evidence is frowned upon on Bluemoon (much better to state an opinion and say for example 'blah blah blah because it is') just thought I'd give it a go.

I'll try and do better in future.

That's not the point I was making although I do agree with you that human nature doesn't change. What changes is change and all change isn't a good thing.

For future reference quoting a 2,500 year old opinion might not be used as evidence of any kind mate ;)

I don't blame him. Some **** out jogging cut the corner and ran across my lawn.
I spent weeks trying to come up with some way of legally digging a pit or setting up a trip wire.
You get the like mostly because I believe you. Haha!

That's not the point I was making although I do agree with you that human nature doesn't change. What changes is change and all change isn't a good thing.

For future reference quoting a 2,500 year old opinion might not be used as evidence of any kind mate ;)
There 's a lot to be said for the 'wisdom of the ancients', largely because human nature is so unvolatile ;-)

On the actual subject I don’t know about a complete breakdown taking place but with the speed of new tech being delivered we are certainly living through interesting times.
I think the big danger comes from nations who have got fed up with the west trying to police the world and we are only a misstep in the wrong country from causing some serious damage.
We get through the next decade relatively unscathed and I think we might last a bit longer than the article suggests.

On the actual subject I don’t know about a complete breakdown taking place but with the speed of new tech being delivered we are certainly living through interesting times.
I think the big danger comes from nations who have got fed up with the west trying to police the world and we are only a misstep in the wrong country from causing some serious damage.
We get through the next decade relatively unscathed and I think we might last a bit longer than the article suggests.

I reckon we are on course for a massive war, it could be next week it might be in a couple of decades but it's coming IMHO, there are people living in the west right now who absolutely despise it and would do anything to see it crumble, the only way to stop that happening is presenting the inhabitants with a common purpose.

By common purpose I mean not involving people who throw paint at pictures or who try to shame people because of the colour of their skin or their sexuality, intersectionality is dead we should all have the one label.

if the world is still in thrall to the major religions, then over-population is the single factor that could bring about another extinction. Putting a date on it is speculation/agenda driven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.