Society as we know it to collapse within 20 years

Any more pandemics and we're certain to collapse, I think. The COVID pandemic showed us how many idiots there are in the world.

The next one is coming virus X they say. They're developing yet another vaccine for it. Quite how they do this without it having been discovered yet I don't know but they are.

Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception..Carl Sagan

The inevitable consequence of lying to people for generations until a vehicle arrives that allows exposure to the truth, as it happens, and before politicians and their editors have a chance to 'describe' it for you.

The end of the world/ end of times will have occurred when United next win the Premier League.
Hopefully it will never happen in my lifetime, as someone once said.
"I'll be pushing up daisies to welcome the sun and early morning dew",when it next happens .
Acting upon reliable information?

I reckon we are on course for a massive war, it could be next week it might be in a couple of decades but it's coming IMHO, there are people living in the west right now who absolutely despise it and would do anything to see it crumble, the only way to stop that happening is presenting the inhabitants with a common purpose.

By common purpose I mean not involving people who throw paint at pictures or who try to shame people because of the colour of their skin or their sexuality, intersectionality is dead we should all have the one label.

I have a lot of sympathy for your comments on common purpose. I agree with it. My opinion is that the number of people in the west who hate the west is a diminishingly small percentage that is made to seem much bigger by vested interests. History tells us that when people of authority are telling you the threat comes from within, it's usually because the authority figures are the threat. We as lowly paupers have much more in common than that which divides us. But technology and those who operate the levers of power make this division appear so much more drastic.

People might groan, but our common purpose in the west should really be centred around fighting climate change - because if not this, then what else? It is the one existential threat that we all face. And its consequence is more of those people who hate the west being forced to live here because the global south is becoming increasingly uninhabitable. If people want low, manageable immigration, then our geopolitical priority should be mitigating climate impact and promoting the stability and sustainability of developing nations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.