Some Of Our Fans

Just makes you wonder how many of them will be in our end should we meet in the semi final - we will get more tickets, and from what I have heard from quite a few there will be less Blues willing to go (expense)

che_don_john said:
Had a couple of Sunderland fans sat near me in at the top of of block 552. Obviously they went mental when they scored but no-one seemed to mind or begrudge them; it is a bit stupid to sit with opposing fans, but those who do it should still be able to celebrate their team scoring at Wembley without too much grief. Although, the lack of response from our fans there might have had something to do with everyone being too exhausted from climbing those bloody steps.

Didn't see any problems or troubles at all (not saying there wasn't just speaking from my own experience). Was quiet in the first half but our block really got behind the team in the second half, and everyone just went mental when we scored our first two goals. Also enjoyed the walk back to the station, blues and Mackems singing together. As my dad said, this would never have happened 15-20 years ago.
It probably did happen 15-20 years ago.

99% of football fans are decent people most of the time, though all capable of moments of stupidity from time to time

Re: MCFC knob in 214 - remember where WE came from

Bet he pissed in a sink on the way out 'n all, the animal.

Been watching city for 45 years home and away had a great time yesterday but was surrounded by knobs. First visit to Wembley was in 74 been eight times since but yesterday was my last visit. It may be an age thing but something didn't feel right yesterday, never felt safe and this was because of the City supporters the Sunderland fans I met were fantastic. Blue runs through my veins but home games only for me now. I enjoy a pre- match drink but just seems to be so many people who can't hold there drink. The 70s and 80s were bad but it at least it was the opposition who were the enemy now a lot of our supporters just seem to want to fight fellow blues, and it not just young fans but all ages. O shit i'm getting old.

Re: MCFC knob in 214 - remember where WE came from

Weston Blue said:
To the knobhead in 214 (CW directly under the big screen in the "Sunderland end - although CW is "neutral"), your goading of the Sunderland fans sitting around you was unecessary and stupid. The guys in front of me were all for giving you a kicking. The only sensible thing you did was leave 5 minutes before the end.

What pissed me off, was your short memory. How would you have felt in 2012 if the guys sitting around you had rubbed it in like that?

That type of banter is great if you are next to the away end at the Etihad, but not needed in a neutral section at a big day at Wembley.

I was also suprised that you didnt have any colours on. Perhaps you expected knobs like yourself from Sunderland. I wore mine. I didn't get any shite when we went 1-0. Nor did i give any when we went 2-1 up. A bit of humility would not have gone amiss.
I was in that block and decided to move at half time.

On the whole I thought the Sunderland fans were cocky and arrogant and for the first time in 6 visits in that block I decided to move at half time.

I will put it down to 40 years of pent up giddiness but they were giving out it a bit too much for my liking.
No excuse for goading but I am not in the least bit surprised a City fan took the bait.

Marvin said:
che_don_john said:
Had a couple of Sunderland fans sat near me in at the top of of block 552. Obviously they went mental when they scored but no-one seemed to mind or begrudge them; it is a bit stupid to sit with opposing fans, but those who do it should still be able to celebrate their team scoring at Wembley without too much grief. Although, the lack of response from our fans there might have had something to do with everyone being too exhausted from climbing those bloody steps.

Didn't see any problems or troubles at all (not saying there wasn't just speaking from my own experience). Was quiet in the first half but our block really got behind the team in the second half, and everyone just went mental when we scored our first two goals. Also enjoyed the walk back to the station, blues and Mackems singing together. As my dad said, this would never have happened 15-20 years ago.
It probably did happen 15-20 years ago.

99% of football fans are decent people most of the time, though all capable of moments of stupidity from time to time
Sorry, I meant both sets of fans being able to walk back together. Would most likely have been segregated a few years back.

jimbopm said:
gravediggerj said:
There was a suderland fan in our block. Idiot stood up cheering and goading when they scored. Stewards took ages to get in ad get him out.

This might have been the same block as me (124) When they scored I was shocked at how many jumped up around me, two rows back from us two Sunderland fans gave it the big I am and some blue took major offense, got in his face and told him to basically get out of our end, but in not such a polite way. Looked like it was going to kick off and stewards were slow to react. Luckily it got sorted.

On the whole it was a top day, I saw no aggro to speak of from our fans, was worried for us walking towards the east section area of Wembley but have to say was pleasantly surprised to see groups of Sunderland fans clapping us as we left which was a classy touch. I was shocked at how many of the club wembley seats were occupied by Sunderland fans, reminded me of when we played Stoke in 2011,

We were in Club Wembley and yes there were plenty of them in there. I wasn't surprised at all. They haven't won anything for years and so it was a huge deal for them. The ones near us were sound and some of them had paid £300 for their tickets because they were desparate to see their team at Wembley. I felt like David Bailey with the amount of times I was asked to take photos of them with their phones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.