Sorry but it's time to name name's

The defending was absolutely comical. Micah Richards is an accident waiting to happen, more bothered with his appearance than how he plays. Extremely limited player.

The centre halves looked poor every time a cross came into the box, is Lescott £20m better than Dunne. I'm not sure, think perhaps we could have done better. Would also love to see Nedum back in the team. Even at right back, will also give us height when we're defending set pieces.

Not sure whats up with Ireland, doesnt look half the player he was last season. Not sure if its injury or trying to find his role in the team. Sweep not looking great time for Weiss I think. Really pleased with De Jong. Thought he was excellent, just a pity he didnt get enough support in 2nd half.

And we have Kompany to possibly come back in so maybe not everything bad at the moment. Top 6 would please me but if we can nick 4th would be over the moon.

Richards' problem is that he relies too much on his pace and thinks that it will get him out of trouble, but then forgets to use it. At the junior level, being a superior athlete might work, but not against a seasoned pro who also is able to use his brain during the game.

Too many times already this season he has been too close to the centre backs; the ball then goes to the wide player and he then saunters over. This gives the player time to control the ball, look up and decide what to do before Richards has even got into the correct position to defend. He should be closer to the player so that he is jockeying them as the ball is en route to them, making them think.

Against Arsenal at one point, the ball went wide and he was inside Toure and pointed for Toure to go out wide and try to tackle the wide man...that's his job!!!

I don't want to open up the debate about whether Dunne's form was affected by covering Micah's position last season, but perhaps it is being shown again, as Toure and Lescott do not seem confident in him. Also, as someone has pointed out, SWP had to track back more in the second half, removing his attacking threat. I'm sure it is not just coincidence that Baconface will have told them to target Micah as he is our weak link, and he will have noticed it in the first half. Hate to give Baconface credit there, but he not only attacked our weakest link, but had the double edge of reducing our attack...

There is not need to name names because the team collectively win and we collectively lose. It's easy to single out one or two people but luck was not on our side yesterday.

Talking about Richards, he does tend to get singled out a lot because he is regularly spotted out of position or catching his breath after sprint. Ferguson knew this and put the pressure on him throughout the game and the results - well we've all got the derby day hangover.

Richards you are being given a chance by Hughes to improve and prove your worth until January. If you mess this opportunity, then you will be benched from January and your hopes for the world cup will be down the drain.

For all of us Richards supporters and am I am one, become the best right back in the Country and get to the world cup with silverware and honours.

With class players all over the park Right Back really stands out as a position we have failed to fill adequately.
RB's dont grow on trees these days but I expect Hughes to target this position in January. I also expect him in the meantime to try out Zaballetta who will be left in no doubt that he nail the position or move on.
Arsenal and now the rags have exploited Richards these last two games leading to 4 of the 6 goals we conceded in the last 2 games.
It will be very interesting how we line up on Wednesday as Hughes will see this as an oppertunity to 'rest' Richards and with Fulham bound to try and target our left flank we can see how well Zab steps up.
Richards still has a lot to learn , he was tied inside out by Giggs and that should SHOULD either wreck him or wake him up

bluesoup said:
There is not need to name names because the team collectively win and we collectively lose. It's easy to single out one or two people but luck was not on our side yesterday.

Talking about Richards, he does tend to get singled out a lot because he is regularly spotted out of position or catching his breath after sprint. Ferguson knew this and put the pressure on him throughout the game and the results - well we've all got the derby day hangover.

Richards you are being given a chance by Hughes to improve and prove your worth until January. If you mess this opportunity, then you will be benched from January and your hopes for the world cup will be down the drain.

For all of us Richards supporters and am I am one, become the best right back in the Country and get to the world cup with silverware and honours.

After yesterday i very much doubt MH will give Richards another game for a while with a 10 times better right back on the bench. I have more chance of playing for england in South Africa than Richards does.

It's time for him to have a break and work on the tactical side of his game.

I knew everybodies having a go at Richards, but what about the other 3 names in back 4 who collectively cost over £50 million
yet didn`t really win a header all day. Mr Given also repeatedly booting ball out to rio, with it coming straight back. Ireland having another game which just passed him by. Tevez a virtual passenger in 2nd half?

salfordblue-tony2 said:
I knew everybodies having a go at Richards, but what about the other 3 names in back 4 who collectively cost over £50 million
yet didn`t really win a header all day. Mr Given also repeatedly booting ball out to rio, with it coming straight back. Ireland having another game which just passed him by. Tevez a virtual passenger in 2nd half?

Sorry but this is rubbish Given made one mistake he is human FFS, Ireland is not 100% fit, Tevez is around 60% fit fought back from a knee injury cut him a bit of slack FFS.

Richards had a nightmare from the first minute until the 97th minute no excuse can be made for that many mistakes in one game.

PaulPowre said:
salfordblue-tony2 said:

Sorry but this is rubbish Given made one mistake he is human FFS, Ireland is not 100% fit, Tevez is around 60% fit fought back from a knee injury cut him a bit of slack FFS.

Richards had a nightmare from the first minute until the 97th minute no excuse can be made for that many mistakes in one game.

What worried me about Given was his inabilty to really stamp his authority on crosses ....... the rags scored two close-in almost copycat headers yesterday , and they seemed to come from around the six yard box area ....... an area that a goalkeeper should really dominate.

Other than that he was excellent , although Berbatov really should have put one of those headers past him.

As for Richards ...... yes ...... you could ask questions as to where he was when at least two of their goals went in , and especially the last one ....... SWP had to try to halt Owen from a good distance away , and Richards was clearly at fault.

We suffered in the second half because Ireland clearly wasn't fit and it showed the longer the game went on , De Jong simply ran himself into the ground , and Barry had to try to help the overworked defence out ........ and all that isolated the forwards.

agree,, we should have put pab zab on in place for him at half time,, and silv on the other,, take tevez off and put bellers up top...
PaulPowre said:
Sorry about this but I have to get this off my chest...

What the fuck was Micah Richards doing yesterday?. He was absouletly woeful his constant moaning to other players about them not covering HIS position was embarrasing. Every goal he was stood 6-10yards out of position and pointing and blaming other players for his fook up's. He took his eye of the ball and he was at fault all afternoon. It was like we were two players missing because he was a passenger and SWP had to keep tracking back to try and cover right back because Richards was in no mans land. His positioning for Owens goal was not even good enough for sunday league he just stood in the semi circle 10 yards out of position and din't even move.

I'll never know why MH didn't put Zab on it's a real mystrey i just can't believe he left him on for the 97 minutes when it was obvious from 2 mins (Rooney goal) he was having a nightmare.

I just hope MH gives Zab a run now because that showing by Richards was just plain crap.

P.S Toure and Lescott had mares too but i understand they are getting used to each other and will definetly come good sooner rather than later. Thank the lord for Shay Given or it could have been really embarrasing.

One final thing Big up to Bellers fookin legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.