Southampton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton are a well coached side in good form so it will be very very difficult. They also have a very good set piece taker in Ward Prowse which is a concern as we didn’t defend them well against United and conceded last night from one. They also press high which might help as we hopefully won’t face our traditional low block.

We desperately need an injection of confidence, whether that’s from Aguero returning, one of our other forwards finding form or one of the kids being promoted, we need to start scoring. Despite not playing at our best we have created a few chances in the last 2 but we have failed to convert them.

I can’t help think about Sterling’s winner against Southampton 3 seasons ago. That was the kind of goal that wins titles. The misses last night from Gundogan and Sterling remind me of KDB’s miss against Chelsea, ones that may have a long term impact on where we finish.

Long term we need to figure out how to balance our midfield. Gundogan is in form but we don’t seem to know how to play him. Is it beside or instead of Rodri? Do any of Bernardo, Doyle or Foden have a place in midfield? If not who can we add. It’s clear that Silva has to be replaced if we want to get back to the top table.

59% think we will lose. Some slapped arses on here.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Cancelo

Fernandinho
Gudongan
Kdb

Bernie
Delap
Torres

Please Southampton attack City. I'm not watching another park the bus, 6 at the back, and 4 just in-front match against City.

Southampton are a well coached side in good form so it will be very very difficult. They also have a very good set piece taker in Ward Prowse which is a concern as we didn’t defend them well against United and conceded last night from one. They also press high which might help as we hopefully won’t face our traditional low block.

We desperately need an injection of confidence, whether that’s from Aguero returning, one of our other forwards finding form or one of the kids being promoted, we need to start scoring. Despite not playing at our best we have created a few chances in the last 2 but we have failed to convert them.

I can’t help think about Sterling’s winner against Southampton 3 seasons ago. That was the kind of goal that wins titles. The misses last night from Gundogan and Sterling remind me of KDB’s miss against Chelsea, ones that may have a long term impact on where we finish.

Long term we need to figure out how to balance our midfield. Gundogan is in form but we don’t seem to know how to play him. Is it beside or instead of Rodri? Do any of Bernardo, Doyle or Foden have a place in midfield? If not who can we add. It’s clear that Silva has to be replaced if we want to get back to the top table.

I agree with all this except the boost from Aguero coming back because, in my experience, he needs 3 or more games before he hits form following a lay off of any duration, and he’s been out for ages.

Please Southampton attack City. I'm not watching another park the bus, 6 at the back, and 4 just in-front match against City.
I think we invite that style of play due to our slow,overly complicated,build ups.If we were that bit quicker and more direct,then the opposition would not be able to regroup and get behind the ball on every occasion we are in posession,and that would leave far more gaps and opportunities for us to exploit.

Just put £100.00 on Southampton at 6/1.

I guarantee you wont get 6/1 on Saturday.

The way we are playing,that has to be worth a gamble for some extra Christmas money.

Can not see us winning there with the slow,pass,pass,turgid shit we are currently turning out nearly every week.

Over 60s Walking football is quicker.

if we want to start winning we have to start taking risks.

drop Rodri and Gundogan plays there.

Mendy out, Ake out. Jesus out

Walker in, Stones in, Aguero in

Kev and Foden play in the creative roles

Torres, preferably Aguero if fit and Sterling up front.

we are at the stage of the season now where draws are no good. We have already lost 10 points from draws.

It’s time to go for it and if we don’t win then so be it.

I am sick of watching this turgid crap every game so get back to fast passing and start taking some risks.

We are not winning leagues with this side. No leaders and some players look like they are going through the motions.

i want to see some progress though. At the moment all I see is regression.
I agree with everything you say.

I guarantee though the first names on the team sheet will be Rodri,and Gundogan.

Pep was scared to death of the Rags,Southampton are a much better side than the Rags

We will play exactly the way we dont want us to play.Reason being Pep thinks he is always right.

Could be the first game for months with some tempo, I can't see Soton playing with no movement.

Maybe just maybe that'll play into our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.