Southampton (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lack of pace comes from playing teams who park the bus and don’t come out to play.
Scoring the first goal is key in this game as it makes them have to come out of their defensive shape and we’ve been failing to do this enough this season as we have been missing strikers and some of our other players have been below par.
I’m confident this will improve.

not so ? its the 2 holding midfield players in rodri & gundogan passing the ball across the park to the defence
its 20 to 30 passes going back and across instead of going forward to somebody like a forward (jesus)
we have lost that pass into D.silva in the hole ? its simple that little meaningless pass opened up the whole of the forward line. he could pick the pass out or take a quick one two because he pulled out defenders

i have been watch reruns of the games this season and every ball is going out wide and nobody is splitting the lines in making the hole between the 2 banks of 4 its simple we miss D.silva so much that the team and pep had to change and its not working ?

now its time to put foden in that role and play the front 3 of aguero sterling and KDB
its phil foden time to take a grip and get hold of that role for the next ten years no more double holding midfield unless we play liverpool or united away

I think the lack of pace comes from playing teams who park the bus and don’t come out to play.
Scoring the first goal is key in this game as it makes them have to come out of their defensive shape and we’ve been failing to do this enough this season as we have been missing strikers and some of our other players have been below par.
I’m confident this will improve.
Yeah they're getting too much time to park it. Opposition you organise your defence and take a breather, get tight on your man and fill the gaps. We'll just do exactly what you expect and play possession. Gung ho from the off

Boy oh boy
Two draws and it’s all over?
Fully expect us to win this contrary to many here.
We can’t keep missing chances by the sheer law of probability and we are well overdue a bit of good fortune.
Saints will think we’re there for the taking hopefully and they will come after us rather than parking the bus which is not their style anyway.
I don't think anyone in football would be stupid enough to even dream that City could be there for the taking.

Hasenhuttl is a smart guy and he's transformed Southampton - He'll have a good plan without doubt. I suspect he'll be a lot more more worried about City than Pep will be about Southampton. I just hope our players turn up in the right frame of mind on the day and put the last two games out of their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.