Southampton post match thread

I agree, the second team should be full of young lads eager to make the first time, not older blokes who have dropped out of it. The 2nd XI ought to be full of lads on the upward curve, not the downward one.

I'm so disappointed with this season, and I'm missing Dzeko! Iheanacho is exciting and 'one of own' so to speak, but how many more chances can Bony get? something stinks. I WANT every City to do well when they arrive, but it's just worked out for Bony, and it just stink that he's getting so much game time ahead of Nacho. That won't continue next season, that's for sure.

We've won a trophy this season, and we're in the CL semi 2nd leg with a decent 'chance' - and yet the entire season feels full of missed opportunities and dire performances. I genuinely fear Pep may struggle, and then were do we go? we've put Pep on some pedestal as though he's the Messiah - and I suspect he's far from that.

No, I think we have a fantastic future - plenty to look forward to - even this season, a CL semi-final and a 4th place decider v Arsenal which I'm sure our 1st team will win.

The squad is in need of change, time for some old favourites to move on I'm afraid, (its painful to watch Zaba this year), Kolarov and Demichelis too, time for tough decisions on those who haven't made the grade - in my opinion Bony, Delph, those whose careers might be fading Navas, Yaya, Fernando.

We will have probably the best manager in the world with Pep, who will oversee all of this and who will be able to both attract the best players in the world and identify and who won't be scared to promote talent from the academy.

Exciting times and a great era to be watching the blues!!!

However, when asked to do a marathon, they do it. Our lot have a habit of walking during one marathon in order to do well in the next one - that's not right.

Actually marathon runners do run the equivalent distance if not more in a week. Same old same old Bony goodbye. Nerver rated him not keen on sterling either but the player that i most admire apart from Kun KDB is Nacho we should have been playing him from the start of our season. So many years in him he will be our rising and already is our star

Are you sure?
noun: the norm
  1. 1.
    something that is usual, typical, or standard.
    synonyms: standard, usual, normal, typical, average, the rule, expected.

We have played 30 odd league games and countless cup games, add in 60 games from last season, so in over 120 games please enlighten me how many of these we have played to or exceeded our capabilities, then come back with a cleaver description of the noun norm, because if you think we normally play well then you must be watching a different game

A team that needs to forfeit domestic games in order to give themselves a 'chance' (let alone progress) in the CL really doesn't deserve to be European Champions. For me, a proper European Champion dominates their own league AND Europe, not one or the other.
You know what? You are right, but Liverpool 05, Chelsea 12 demonstrate that "deserve" sometimes has nothing to do with it. Interesting enough Liverpool failed to make a monopolised top 4 that year something that we might emulate this year ourselves. If (and I mean IF) we win the CL we will be one of those lucky undeserved winners - SO WHAT?!!

I empathise entirely as I am equally frustrated with Pellegrini's style of management but a lid needs to be kept on the criticism,it doesn't need to stray into plain abuse,just a bit of thought before hitting the submit button is all I ask.

Easy.

That was Fucking rubbish today. Manager got it all wrong and I can't wait for him to go.

Or, that twat of a corpse **** boils my piss etc etc etc.

It is easy, people just need to think first.

Yup. There is a saying...put your brain in gear before you open your mouth..in this case before you type.

They did against Chelsea. One of the better ones-Manu Garcia looked lost against kids the other night.
Fair point mate. Garcia over hyped. But we had the likes of Lopes, Denayer and watching Denis Suarez the othet night, the club clearly fucked up somewhere. At least Denayer may get his chance!!

Fair point mate. Garcia over hyped. But we had the likes of Lopes, Denayer and watching Denis Suarez the othet night, the club clearly fucked up somewhere. At least Denayer may get his chance!!
Very true-Lopes would have played plenty of games and Suarez was always a talent. Denayer has two years experience under his belt-now or never for him.

Easy.

That was Fucking rubbish today. Manager got it all wrong and I can't wait for him to go.

Or, that twat of a corpse **** boils my piss etc etc etc.

It is easy, people just need to think first.
Not always easy in the heat of the moment mate, I'm not one for losing it on the match day thread, glad I wasn't on line this afternoon, very nice rare roast beef and a few glasses of wine in Alberta chop house seem to have mellowed me out somewhat, perspective is great in hindsight isn't it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.