Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Southampton simply wanted it more from the first touch. Pitiful performance and has most likely sealed our inability to maintain the title. We had better get ourselves sorted quick as a Top 4 finish is not guaranteed if today is a preview for efforts and results to come.

We need this guy back asap... Our leader...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iconicautographs.com/product.php?id_product=1002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iconicautographs.com/product ... oduct=1002</a>

samharris said:
Needed Nasty and Vinnie today..we showed our weakness without them, this paired with terrible play and decisions on and off the pitch led to our loss..

I fully expect a blinding performance from us next time out because we have the players to play blinding football...

But not today.

I was truly expecting a great win TODAY. I'm stunned by that performance.

The sort of performance that gets that manager the sack. Doubt he'll be here at the end of the season at this rate.

If this was just a one-off, then it would be bad enough but sort of acceptable. But I'm afraid a lot of chickens came home to roost this evening. Certain players haven't looked interested all season, we don't look fit, we don't seem to be able to get players back on form, set pieces are shit etc etc.

Something is definitely wrong and if we're being honest, it hasn't been right for a long time. We had a six game spell at the end of last season where we got it together, but we haven't actually played well since the middle of last season.

We're going backwards and if he drops Milner tonight to play Nasri, then he obviously hasn't got enough about him to turn it around.

EaglesFan said:
Although guys on ESPN are f-ing clueless, they do make ONE good point - it's not a good situation when a manager makes it CLEAR that you're not part of the future (Lescott, some others as well) - and then has to rely on you as a starting CB...

I think that's a real problem with this team - lot of these players do not think they'll be here next year, and their effort and dedication suffer.

And that's all down to Mancini and "we need more players". Instead he should be building a TEAM with CHEMISTRY - at which he failed, miserably.

You can just tell he's lost the players...majority of them, actually.

This.

In a nutshell...

I said it in the Matchday thread; Barry's reaction spoke volumes. That did not look accidental at all.

I'll stick my neck out here tbh......I'd drop Hart for Pantilimon.

Kudos to Southamptin and Mauricio Pochettino, who threw in a 17-year old kid with 20 minutes (or so) to go of a very important game for them.
I think he's made Southampton a class better since he came on, and I'm sure they'll comfortably stay up this year.

EaglesFan said:
Although guys on ESPN are f-ing clueless, they do make ONE good point - it's not a good situation when a manager makes it CLEAR that you're not part of the future (Lescott, some others as well) - and then has to rely on you as a starting CB...

I think that's a real problem with this team - lot of these players do not think they'll be here next year, and their effort and dedication suffer.

And that's all down to Mancini and "we need more players". Instead he should be building a TEAM with CHEMISTRY - at which he failed, miserably.

You can just tell he's lost the players...majority of them, actually.
Top post. Exactly my thoughts.

No mention of Toure? Absolute shite performance from our 'star' man. When I saw he had the captain's armband, I knew we would lose. I may be wrong, but I can't remember us ever playing well with him as captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.