Southampton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

am i right in thinking we ended a game that we were losing 3:1 with 4 fullbacks on the pitch???

if we needed a goal then why wasn't Sinclair given a chance, by the way i know all 4 weren't playing as full backs but WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

citymad said:
samharris said:
Needed Nasty and Vinnie today..we showed our weakness without them, this paired with terrible play and decisions on and off the pitch led to our loss..

I fully expect a blinding performance from us next time out because we have the players to play blinding football...

But not today.

I was truly expecting a great win TODAY. I'm stunned by that performance.

I thought wed win 1-3.. what I didnt think is that Bazza would gift them the first and third goals and that joe's head and shoulders shampoo helped the ball slip through his fingers.. we lost the game today because saints capitalised on our failings..

Champions2012! said:
50mmo3.jpg
unbelievable own goal I swear he put that in on purpose

chris8910 said:
poor all round today, absolutely nothing went for us. gave the ball away more times than i can remember. they pressed and pressed us didn't stop until the final whistle, you would have thought they were fighting for the title tonight and we were in a relegation battle. anyway looking to the next game now...cant be any worse than today.....can it?
some people on here need their heads wobbling and remember where we have come from!! we're going through a bad spell at the moment, every team does, every team looses to teams they wouldn't expect to in the season. unfortunately for us it couldn't have come at a worse time.
CTID!!!

I am sick of hearing "remember where we have come from"......small club mentality......if youre happy with that then you accept second best

Interpolantics said:
Little by Little said:
WTF was up with bob? He looked like he didn't give a s*** when we were 2 goals down, He was just standing there hands in his pocket thinking "Lol f*** this"

No he wasn't,he was going apeshit.I know this because I nearly pissed myself at his manic gesticulating while Platt stood by with his mouth agape with no idea what way to look.

Visions of when your manager croaks it on the touchline.....

kun1 said:
EaglesFan said:
Although guys on ESPN are f-ing clueless, they do make ONE good point - it's not a good situation when a manager makes it CLEAR that you're not part of the future (Lescott, some others as well) - and then has to rely on you as a starting CB...

I think that's a real problem with this team - lot of these players do not think they'll be here next year, and their effort and dedication suffer.

And that's all down to Mancini and "we need more players". Instead he should be building a TEAM with CHEMISTRY - at which he failed, miserably.

You can just tell he's lost the players...majority of them, actually.
Top post. Exactly my thoughts.

Tonight - that was the feeling the whole way, wasnt it....?

...cause I dont believe talent can dissappear like that (and this team HAS talent)...only heart and desire can, and sorry - but this is all down to Roberto who was never good at player management.

Blue Haze said:
inbetween said:
How anyone can put the blame firmly at Barry/Garcia's door is beyond me, the team as a whole was a total joke completely tonight. Silva and Nasri were awful, didn't do anything at all and they were subbed because they were so ineffective and bad. Yaya was shite, Zabs was miles out of position for their 1st and well it was just a joke as a whole.

For the most part Garcia held his own and had nothing to do with the calamities which involved their 3 goals, one of them involving the supposed best goalkeeper in the Premier League so really it was just a joke all around if you ask me.

Barry will get blamed, and rightly so. But there were plenty of others who weren't far behind. As far as I'm concerned, putting in no effort is just as bad as a poor one.

Nasri and Yaya were passengers, that's being kind. Aguero looked like a man who has lost his way. Hart's mind was elsewhere. Tevez disappears.

I think something happened. Wheels came off the whole team at once, something is up.

Indeed, i think something has definitely happened, i don't know if Tevez has actually travelled with the team and then gone or if he's been gone for a while but after such an awful performance it just seemed the team didn't want to be there...

At a time when we need to win we go and put in the least amount of effort i've seen this team put in for a very long time, it was as though they were on strike, so many errors made and so little input to try and bring it back...

Something is definitely up or going on because i've not seen us play that badly for years and we are the Champions for a reason, we shouldn't be playing like this against a team which to be fair played very well but they weren't that good, we made them look very good and they are 15th/16th for a reason.

There is no other explanation for such a bad and terrible performance, it's not as though we were playing a team that overwhelmed us, we had a great deal of possession at times and it was just like no-one wanted the ball and no-one wanted to be there.

Interpolantics said:
Little by Little said:
WTF was up with bob? He looked like he didn't give a s*** when we were 2 goals down, He was just standing there hands in his pocket thinking "Lol f*** this"

No he wasn't,he was going apeshit.I know this because I nearly pissed myself at his manic gesticulating while Platt stood by with his mouth agape with no idea what way to look.

I must admit, his reaction to the Barry own goal made me laugh.

Just stood there thinking 'why?'

The complete lack of desire hurt

I can take being beat, but not like that

I have no positives from this game and I'm a half full person

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.