Southport | 9 year old girl confirmed as third victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know fuck all, and I'm not that person. I just know how to vet a source and have a tiny bit of media and journalism training under my belt so follow the right people on socials.

:) Don't take this the wrong way, but I wasn't talking about you. The tweeter ..... But thanks for bringing it to the thread. Kudos for that.

I don't think it is. There will be hundreds if not thousands of kids clubs open today, running as usual. A lot of them in Southport itself. When 9/11 happened we got back on the planes, when 7/7 happened we got back on the tubes and buses, after the Arena attack we carried on going to concerts. Nazis relentlessly bombed our towns and cities from 1,000ft up for years on end but people still went to school, to the shops, to see their friends. Hate might land a few blows but it never wins.
It’s a good post that, but I said from my own perspective yesterday that I feel relieved when I am home if I’ve been out, and more my family, especially my young adult children. So in a way the psychological side of it they are winning. Nobody should live wondering if you’re next in line for a stabbing attack/bombing/being mown down by a van.

Does anyone on here support capital punishment for crimes like this or will people say he was mentally ill, didn't know what he was doing and doesn't deserve the death penalty. Either way I would suggest that anyone caught carrying a knife (there are obvious exceptions such as tradespeople) receives an automatic custodial sentence starting at five years minimum for blades of three inches or less and going to 10 years for anything bigger.

Does anyone on here support capital punishment for crimes like this or will people say he was mentally ill, didn't know what he was doing and doesn't deserve the death penalty. Either way I would suggest that anyone caught carrying a knife (there are obvious exceptions such as tradespeople) receives an automatic custodial sentence starting at five years minimum for blades of three inches or less and going to 10 years for anything bigger.

15 years minimum. There's no reason to carry an open knife in public.

I’ve heard enough stories about how these prisoners live in fear everyday inside, get attacked and are just waiting for the next one to happen, even in the mental health prisons

I wouldn’t care if he was hung I just feel it’s a worse punishment to live out their days in fear and receive their beatings along the way

Capital punishment all the way for me when it is indisputable that they committed the crime.

I’ve heard enough stories about how these prisoners live in fear everyday inside, get attacked and are just waiting for the next one to happen, even in the mental health prisons

I wouldn’t care if he was hung I just feel it’s a worse punishment to live out their days in fear and receive their beatings along the way
If the death sentence isn't available then prison should mean prison. Locked up 23.5 hours a day. No television, piped music, a bucket in the corner emptied daily, a table a chair and a bed and three meals a day. Absolutely zero luxuries or privileges.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone other than Tradesmen, Chefs, etc to carry knives, absolutely none. I know Anglers use them but if anyone has a knife for non work purposes they should need a licence to purchase and to carry and use. Difficult to police but it would be a start.

Are you for real?

I don't give a shit about his age, background, mental health or whatever. He's a murdering scumbag who should be hung.

100% certain of his guilt, premeditated, no compassion shown... If ever there was a totally compelling argument for reintroduction of the death penalty, this guy is it.

It's time to stop this liberal mamby pambying around shitbags who are nothing other than a serious danger to society.
Emotional outbursts help nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.