Spoilt children!

Bodicoteblue said:
As the title of this thread says "spoilt children " and alludes to the attitude of "success now and always " it makes me worry that as the Moyes inspired meltdown at the swamp continues , we will continue to attract the kind of glory hunting brats that have made the scum so hilarious .
I can handle most of it , but the thought of these pages being taken over by that kind of " fan " with their hysterical reactions and lack of football knowledge makes me queasy .
I fear that it's already started.

Good post.

I think there are a lot of new fans with different expectations than older supporters, not getting into a bigger blue argument but I've noticed particularly this season that there seems a lot of frustration when we don't play well and less philosophical perspectives.....which I associate with older (wiser) blues.

I know NBC are screening most PL games and I've seen we've picked up some new US fans this season, It's a good thing on the whole but I think this has contributed to the overall 'expectation' and perhaps even 'entitlement' evident in so many post game discussions.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
mscenterh750 said:
It really is shite, get beat trying to play attacking footie away from home =get slated, everybody says "I'd take a scrappy one niller, and not play well". We get a decent point at a tough place (not play particularly well, in the process), and still get slated.

It really beggers belief. Today we didn't play well, but battled and fought for a hard earned point. I'm happy with 4 points from 6 in two tough away games.

Well done City.

Result no problem. Performance not great. That's all i'm saying.
I know some people see football as win at all costs and that is everything.
But I do like to see a good showing, sometimes irrespective of result.
Saying that, glad we didn't lose ;-)
Glad we didn't lose too, it just makes me laugh that some folk, are crying out for us to scrape a shitty 1-0 win, because we are too attacking away, but when we do, sorry draw (and not play well), people (not you Preston), lambast our display. Pathetic really.

City are underperforming.

That's a fact.

And I'm not a spoilt child.

I go back to the 65/66 promotion season.

I waited every single one of those 44 years and I just hope that this fantastic City squad don't mess things up like they did twice in the 70s.

mscenterh750 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
mscenterh750 said:
It really is shite, get beat trying to play attacking footie away from home =get slated, everybody says "I'd take a scrappy one niller, and not play well". We get a decent point at a tough place (not play particularly well, in the process), and still get slated.

It really beggers belief. Today we didn't play well, but battled and fought for a hard earned point. I'm happy with 4 points from 6 in two tough away games.

Well done City.

Glad we didn't lose too, it just makes me laugh that some folk, are crying out for us to scrape a shitty 1-0 win, because we are too attacking away, but when we do, sorry draw (and not play well), people (not you Preston), lambast our display. Pathetic really.

I have criticised some of our play today, mainly unforced errors. But it is a bit over the top when people are calling our
players shit or wank etc. We should know what this place is going to be like after a loss.
Doesn't make it any easier to read though.

EDIT. The title will be back on next week when we beat Arsenal oh and we'll win the Champs league ;-)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
mscenterh750 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

I have criticised some of our play today, mainly unforced errors. But it is a bit over the top when people are calling our
players shit or wank etc. We should know what this place is going to be like after a loss.

EDIT. The title will be back on next week when we beat Arsenal oh and we'll win the Champs league ;-)

It is highly unlikely that we will beat Bayern and it's 50/50 on the Arsenal game.
Don't be to bullish.

TGR said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
mscenterh750 said:

It is highly unlikely that we will beat Bayern and it's 50/50 on the Arsenal game.
Don't be to bullish.
We will lose in Munich, and beat the gooners. You heard/read it here first.

Nothing spoilt about being disappointed when your team don't play well. When it's down to a (perceived) lack of effort, then it makes the blood boil a little more. When you then take 2 wins from 8 away games this season, it doesn't become knee jerk from fans, it become worrying for us.

Clearly there are some issues away from home.

This is possibly because we don't have the home factor, ie at Etihad teams generally stand off us and play defensively from the first minute - the old "park the bus" attitude with 1 up front and hope to break - this gives us more time on the ball with the away team pressing us less. When we're playing at their place, they don't park the bus so much and come at us, like we saw today with Saints. When that happens we have shown this season on more than one occasion that we struggle with this.

It's down to the manager and players to overcome that but so far after 8 games it looks like we're still struggling. We shouldn't expect to win every game, but we should expect to come away from games thinking we played as well as we could and a point was a good result. Today, away from home we again played poorly and Saints could and should have won.

Not knee jerk reactions, not spoilt children...just wanting to see some improvement when you have a squad like ours.

Give the saints some credit they were good today fair result,if not for a wonder goal we would of won !crikey we will ave to win the boat race next!

mscenterh750 said:
TGR said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Don't be to bullish.
We will lose in Munich, and beat the gooners. You heard/read it here first.

And it it comes to pass I will buy you a beer! (Honest!)

Southampton were good value, they pressed hard, attacked whenever possible and I think generally we were poor.

Of course I am happy with the point as I don't think we deserved more. I thought Yaya was very poor in the first half and I thought Milner and Demichelis were also well below what we need.

I don't think that criticising our performance makes me or any other blue a spoilt child, the simple fact is we didn't play like we can and should.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.