Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

We’ve had our fair share of success over the years, I can cope with a few years of shite. Just worrying that Pep is evolving this team into something he hates, passing just for the sake of it. His philosophy was always about getting his wingers in to the final third and letting them do their own thing. We aren’t winning the title this season, but all I want to see is signs that Pep has still got the balls to get this team going. We’re going backwards at the minute.

Spurs have scored like 12 goals in the last 10 attempts against us
Not too shocking if all you do is sit back and try and hit on the break. Hundreds of breaks will be intercepted before even getting into shooting position, but those few times you do get through are high percentage opportunities.

Has anyone told Maureen, Sir Rashford is playing tonight and as quickly got fit after dodging international duties?

Everyone is forgetting this game is quick of the back of an international break with our team affected more than most with journeymen. Worrying thing is we haven't got much slack to play with now, even top 4 is looking a problem if we don't stop the rot soon. Another striker was a must in the last window, this little option up front is killing us.

That second half was a complete & utter surrender, Pep left it way too late to change it, then it got so late he almost couldn’t risk bringing players on (Raz/Sergio) as the situation was hopeless, really poor management & terrible situational decisions made by the players. Eddie went walkabouts twice, KW’s worst ever performance as a blue, Cancelo nearly as bad, Laporte didn’t know if he was coming or going, Mahrez shite, Bernie very ordinary, as was Torres & Ruben, Rodders was head & shoulders, Jesus battled well & Kev plugged away.....plugged away (WTF) he’s playing like a scouser who’s hit the wall after 2 seasons on the juice, snus & blue/brown inhalers, can’t fault his effort, especially covering Walkers reluctance to track back but where has the sparkle gone ? the lack of leadership down the spine is the worst it’s been in a decade, there’s a lot to sort

We made Eric Dier look like Baresi let that sink in. Maybe just maybe this will see a change back to ruthless Pep. He certainly stormed down the tunnel and cannot be pleased with the fight shown in this match. The second goal killed us and even though I don't like VAR it was a decision that if against us we would all agree with. Given the quality of our players we shouldn't be moaning about a handball call. It feels like we've hit bottom so we can only go one way. The main worry for me is the lack of leadership. Kev was trying too hard.

Going forward maybe it's time to give Steffan a go in goal and finally get shut of FFS. I also think the Cancelo left back experiment should end. He did ok but we look out of balance without a left footer as he tends to always look inside.

Depressed as I am I don't think it's as dire as some may think - all the elements are there we just need to find the right combination and play more as a team. Too many times we have players feeling they have to do it all. Back to basics, have a tough look at themselves and come back stronger.

And yes all of you Riyad fan boys I really feel he is the main issue, sorry about that.
Bench Mahrez and we piss the League and the Champs League...so easy to see now you mention it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.