Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Just back from the game so not watched TV coverage. We were at pitch level so never the best view of events but had a good view of their goal and I'm just staggered that shot went in. Did Eddie think Dias was going to block it?

Performance generally lacked energy and a goal scorer...
Neville was blaming Dias for dropping back and confusing Ederson.

First 15 mins was good thereafter went downhill. We were at walking pace for much of the game and looked unfit. Predictable

Reactions: OB1
4 visits to that stadium, 4 almost identical matches. Can’t believe it’s happened again and we’ve walked right into a predictable trap

Ake will never be good enough. Torres is a waste of a place in the team, totally anonymous again. Mendy is a sad excuse for a footballer, an embarrassment and I can’t believe how many chances he gets to prove it time and time again
City's bus driver heading to the Tottingham Hotspurts stadium
31ah-groundhogday-movies-superJumbo.jpg

We didn't play badly. We just cant put away one chance in games like this when yer need to score first. Before the season's out we'll probably put a worse performance together and nick the points.
I doubt it. We were miles off the intensity required to win that game. I watched all the games this weekend and everyone else was right on it. We weren't. It was the exact same last season. You can get away with it if you have an opening game but we've played at Wembley and Spurs and been well beaten on both occasions.

PEP should be giving everyone not involved in the euro latter stages a full pre season. This not fit nonsense is just an excuse. Chelsea and the rags aren't complaining
Sterling stones and walker were in the latter stages as was Jesus and Ederson with Brazil. Foden and kdb, injured and just back from injury, Grealish only just joined. Laporte not trained due to Isolation, zinchenko only back on Monday. Not sure what more pep could do.

City fans are starting to sound like united....when we sign so and so everything will be ok. Why don't we work with what we've got and incorporate a plan b when things going bad? Humbled at spurs again- embarrassing

Those who moan about a striker situation, if we had Kane and Halland on the pitch today we wouldn't have scored even if we played three games. The players on the pitch played repeating Pep's mantra 'we are not ready, we are not ready' and they just looked they couldn't give a fuck about result. Son and Moura were destroying us, particularly on our left, it was actually horrible to watch.
I'm sure Kane or Haaland would have got one of the three glaring misses (Mahrez twice in first half and Torres second half) on target at least.

Sterling stones and walker were in the latter stages as was Jesus and Ederson with Brazil. Foden and kdb, injured and just back from injury, Grealish only just joined. Laporte not trained due to Isolation, zinchenko only back on Monday. Not sure what more pep could do.
He could start by accepting Mendy is done , finished , naada, finito.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.