Spurs, FOC season tickets & other ticket conditions

Our club is testing the water with reducing the FOC discount. I sit in the mid section of SS3 & it has the lowest discount in the stadium along with the back.section. In the rest of the stadium the discount is between 47-52% but my discount has reduced from 42% to 34% in the time I've been 65 and over. I had a call with the club last summer to discuss why this is and all I got was waffle and no answer to why there wasn't the same level for all the stadium.

The ticket prices for the Newcastle game make me even more certain it's something they are itching to do. It's a flat £2-50 discount for nearly all tickets so for the £40 ones it's 6.25% off - hardly worth bothering. It will be interesting to see if the discount edges down in the summer.

Spurs have just published their 'Ticketing Charter' and there's a few things in there of interest.

• They won't be issuing any new discounted over-65 tickets as from next season, and they're gradually whittling down the discount on existing tickets from 50% to 25% over the next five years. The rationale is that they have four times the number of over-65 season ticket holders than they used to have and it's costing them money.
  • Season tickets will have to be utilised a minimum of 15 times over a season or will be subject to non-renewal.
  • They will be actively auditing the issuing of away tickets. Allocations are based on points over a rolling 5 year period. They say that 80% of tickets go to general admission season ticket holders, which is the same as us if you add the 20% of OSC tickets into the supposed 60% we get.
Ferran Soriano will be all over the FOC one I bet, assuming they get away with it.
Hopefully City will step back from this -you’d hope

Our club is testing the water with reducing the FOC discount. I sit in the mid section of SS3 & it has the lowest discount in the stadium along with the back.section. In the rest of the stadium the discount is between 47-52% but my discount has reduced from 42% to 34% in the time I've been 65 and over. I had a call with the club last summer to discuss why this is and all I got was waffle and no answer to why there wasn't the same level for all the stadium.

The ticket prices for the Newcastle game make me even more certain it's something they are itching to do. It's a flat £2-50 discount for nearly all tickets so for the £40 ones it's 6.25% off - hardly worth bothering. It will be interesting to see if the discount edges down in the summer.
My over 65 Newcastle ticket is £32.50 which is also a £2.50 discount on an adult priced ticket.
My ticket for the Copenhagen game last night was £35 ,so not particularly cheap for a last 16 game against the champions of Denmark.
So in practical terms the FOC discount has already been drastically cut for cup games.
If the club does go down the same route as Spurs appear to be taking,then I will probably give it a couple of more seasons until I am 70 and then it will probably be time to let a tourist take my seat .
I can well afford to pay the full price for my seat,but it's definitely a matter of principle as far as I'm concerned.

My over 65 Newcastle ticket is £32.50 which is also a £2.50 discount on an adult priced ticket.
My ticket for the Copenhagen game last night was £35 ,so not particularly cheap for a last 16 game against the champions of Denmark.
So in practical terms the FOC discount has already been drastically cut for cup games.
If the club does go down the same route as Spurs appear to be taking,then I will probably give it a couple of more seasons until I am 70 and then it will probably be time to let a tourist take my seat .
I can well afford to pay the full price for my seat,but it's definitely a matter of principle as far as I'm concerned.
It's the principle for me too. When I was speaking to the club about the reducing discount they ended up saying (after failing to come up with a reason why my section was being targeted) that 'you only pay £16 a game'. My response was that the full adult ticket price was only £24 a game so what was their point. There was a long silence and the call ended soon after.

Whilst the away tickets remain at £30, home tickets across the PL are getting more and more expensive via stealth.

Thing is clubs do this, hoik up the prices, means many die hard fans can't afford to attend and tourists/corporate fans take their place, and then the manager complains that the atmosphere is shit.

I saw this at the Emirates. Sure, last couple of seasons the atmosphere has been better but that is at least in part due to the club recruiting a section of 'ultras'!

Higher prices = plastic fans and clubs would do well to remember that a great atmosphere can make a stadium an intimidating place to go for an away team.

Next season is the last for me in the CL, im hedging my bets we might get to Munich. After that im not bothered I’ll watch on tv, the domestic cups I’ll probably stay in for now but I can see that becoming part of your season ticket soon like the swamp do. With the pain the arse transport system and the weather might games in winter are no fun. Be interesting what happens if they bring this in, Pep goes and we take a downturn, unlike United we don’t have a mass of tourists (yet) I can see lots of empty seats if that happens as they drive legacy fans away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.