Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Now that I’ve had time to calm down a bit, I just want to say...

I am proud of our players, even Eric, who tried to work through a horrid night and will be absolutely destroyed right now. He deserves our support as, unlike some other clubs, we don’t turn on our players when they have a ‘mare.

They did everything to battle through the adversity, showed their class and determination, and if not for two marginal VAR calls, we would be through after probably one of the most entertaining Champions League matches in history.

Centurions, I salute you.

Back home and wow, what a match. And what a noise! One of the best games I've ever been to. And we won.
And VA fucking R.
What a way to go out though. So long as we win on saturday I'll take that.
And a big hand to me and all the other City fans for creating that atmosphere. I've got a sore throat. It was incredible. What did you think Pep?

Just got in. I was proud of our players tonight. And our fans were amazing. Onwards and upwards. Pep is always asking us as fans to come out and support the team. Now it would be nice to hear him say how much we got behind the team. With the amount of slatting we get off the press it would be good to hear the players back the fans !!

The way VAR is being used is comical to say the least, sometimes you get to see the replay while its been adjucated by var ppl, sometimes ref is only communicating and sometimes ref goes and check it out for himself.

I mean seriously wtf? Why cant there be consistency and we get to see the replays in real time.

Llorente goal.

After the goal they once showed a replay from from behind where his touch seemed quiet.visable but when ref went to check it only the the front and side angle were being shown.

Technology shouldnt have to give benifit of doubt or make assumptions, if its foul then its a foul regardless of the amount of contact

I think I am not too bitter because I am now used to being cheated by UEFA. A part people are not talking about is that Ederson got fouled before the goal and the referee let it stand.

As soon as the referee was going to check the VAR screen, I just knew the people in the VAR room will not show the referee that angle that was quite clear that Llorente used his elbow.

It is time we get this Champions League knockout phases right. If we are not blowing our opponents away, we will get cheated.

I think ederson and laporte were terrible tonight, ederson kept miskicking his long balls, should of caught their first goal and laporte just made me feel uneasy. Thought mendy was fine, Walker found himself on the ball too much we'd benefit by having a kimmich kinda right back. Pissed off with gundogan for his shooting but overall he was good, de bruyne is back! Pains me to say it but I think we could upgrade on david now, we need a player who will burst into the box from midfield and contribute goals. The wingers were great and aguero played alright, nothing spectacular except the finish of course. Don't understand why pep wouldnt put sane on when spurs were chasing a goal, seems basic logic to have pace on the counter.

I'm doubting pep but solely in Europe, he's either turned to timid or thinks he can outsmart everyone and play dead wood without consequences.

Not sure how anyone can watch that twitter video up there and say that’s not handball? Even weirder to still maintain Laporte is touching Llorente’s arm in any way? He clearly isn’t.

Any goal scored with your arm has to be disallowed. Without his arm being involved that doesn’t go in. Can’t really blame the ref, he wasn’t shown any decent angle from what we could on the screen. Just kept showing the same, least conclusive shot over and over...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.