Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Goalkeeper goes up to catch the ball and is buffeted. Foul all day long, but was it a City defender who buffeted him? Also , the initial corner where Eddie came tear-arsing out to beat the Spurs player? The guy was two yards offside, right in front of the lino. I think I haven't got incidents confused!!
It was a Tottenham player. Still shocked when the referee refused to call the foul. After that the Llorente incident. Hell no will a bent and crooked ref chalk off the goal after Llorente used his arm.

That was two not called fouls that got us knocked out.

Proud of the lads and I hope they use this as a fuel to end the season in the bang.

Pep should drop David Silva, move Bernardo to the midfield (as he played against Liverpool) and give Sane a run of games. I fear we might lose Sane if he does not get games.

Working away in Edinburgh and so Bluemoon advise was to watch City in the 3 Sisters bar. Thinking it was a place where City fans from the area would go. Fucking rammed with Liverpool fans !! Not great when you celebrate like a Loony when Sterling bags the winner only for hundreds in the pub to go mental when VAR was given offside. Horrible night, great game but can’t help but believe UEFA are bent !!
Oh my god! That must have been awful.

On a slightly more positive note, I took my girlfriend to her first Etihad game (she’s done the occasional away). I think she’s got the blue bug.

(She did think it was going to extra time and penalties as it was 4:4 - think she felt more crushed than I did, at least I knew it was over - she still had that hope for a little while longer)

When teams come to the Etihad they arent scared to attack our goal in CL. When we go for away ties we just cannot score enough.

Monaco, Pool, Spurs together 3 CL games scored 8 goals in Etihad. On their pitch we score in 3 games 1 goal only. Spurs and Pool got a clean sheet at their pitch. Its something Pep cannot improve year by year...

On the other hand, if the flag is raised players tend to stop. If what you suggest was applied, they would be told to carry on every time the flag is raised which would waste a lot of time and energy.

My intended suggestion is that they flag if a goal is scored and any offside decision would be marginal.

Pep is the best coach i have ever seen but even the best make mistakes and for me the mistakes were made in the semi final v brighton where IMO a 2nd choice team would have got the job done leaving us with the chance to blitz spurs in the 1st leg with a full strength team and we could have played a mixed team last night on the break and been relativley fresh for saturday where as know the players looked out on there feet last night and anything but maximum points from next 2 games could see us surender our title. All ifs and maybes and to be fair we shouldnt be conceding 3 at home in 1 game when we had only conceded 3 in our last 11 at home. Last point is that after seeing the lorente goal and the hearing the ref was not shown the view of it hitting his arm just clarifies how bent uefa are i wont be attending uefa games again im not spending over £1000 again to watch us be mugged by the tw###.
That is the benefit of hindsight. I know many said at the time that the lineup in the first leg was too weak but for a pen miss or an avoidable goal we would be through now. Plus a Kane/sissiko injury would have impacted our premier league campaign.

When teams come to the Etihad they arent scared to attack our goal in CL. When we go for away ties we just cannot score enough.

Monaco, Pool, Spurs together 3 CL games scored 8 goals in Etihad. On their pitch we score in 3 games 1 goal only. Spurs and Pool got a clean sheet at their pitch. Its something Pep cannot improve year by year...

I don´t get it either,in the league we play the same way away from home as we do at home, you have more room in cl to make mistakes ,cause you have 2 games to save your ass.No fucking idea ,why he changes up things in away games in cl, we should always play the way we play...Still our defense and mistakes vost us the tie,same thing every single year.

Good thing is away goals rule is scrapped next season. Though we still need to defend better.

Yes, I know that offside was not about slide rules but where do you draw the line? We have a clear line on goal line decisions, throwings, corners. If we leave it open to interpretation you leave it open to controversy and corruption.

VAR as it stands cannot give a definitive answer in really tight offsides. They appear to be using bog standard 25fps video, so even if they pick the very best freeze-frame (not a given) this could be as much as 1/50th of a second out from where the ball is actually struck. A player can move nearly 20cm in 1/50 sec; a ball can move even further than that. This means that when players are moving (as they usually are) either in to or out of an offside position, it just isn't feasible for VAR to be certain when you're dealing with a really tight one with just a few centimetres in it. This should all be quite obvious but there doesn't seem to be any recognition within the VAR system (or from the TV pundits) that their freeze-frame is going to be anything less than perfect.

All that said, I don't think we can grumble about the Aguero off side last night.

On a slightly more positive note, I took my girlfriend to her first Etihad game (she’s done the occasional away). I think she’s got the blue bug.

(She did think it was going to extra time and penalties as it was 4:4 - think she felt more crushed than I did, at least I knew it was over - she still had that hope for a little while longer)

I met my current mrs in 2012 and she's heard me waffle on about the Aguerooo moment for years. She's a 5 year season ticket holder now, and the closest she's been to having her own Aguerooo moment was when Jesus put the 100 point goal in at Southampton, which didn't really come close for me.

She understands the feeling now, because that was as close as it gets last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.