Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

By the way, is this handball?

ECM6gNHXYAAI4ui

At the very least should the VAR system not show the infringement upon which whatever bent decision is to be based?

If that is hand ball why was the goal that knocked us out of the champions league allowed to stand? VAR is supposed to be indisputable evidence not open to interpretation on what ever the ref feels like giving.

The extension of the match officials to influence a result has gone even further with some random person in a room giving the ref a chance to chalk off goals. 2 weekends into the season and the big talking points are perfectly legitimate goals not being aloud for City and the ref not even bothered to look at a penalty decision.

Pep will have to take the players up one level more now in how they play training them to score goals that can no way be disallowed.

Did the ball even change direction after it brushed the hair on Laporte’s arm?

In what possible way has the ball brushing past Laporte’s arm hair given us an advantage to the point where they feel the goal should be disallowed?

His arm couldn’t have been any closer to his side, and he tried to head it. How can anyone with any footballing brain think that this should be disallowed.

Somebody needs to call the police because we’ve been robbed ffs

This has ruined my weekend. The one thing I look forward to all week is watching City, and this bullshit has effected me way more than it should. Piss off VAR.

30 shots to 3 and it ended 2-2, this is where we should be focusing our minds on

Correct thought we were fantastic apart from in front of goal where we were wasteful.

Var is here to stay so we should concentrate on making sure we take the majority of our opportunities and thats what Pep will do.

Just settling down to watch match of the day, couldn’t stomach it last night.
We were well & truly shafted..... why have VAR not awarded the pen on Rodri?
How have they decided it was Laporte & not Skipp who handled????

I thought our performance was excellent, our finishing not so much.
Otamendi Rodri KDB Gundagon all fantastic.
We are levels above spurs who are seen as one of our rivals.

Interested to see the media’s reaction when VAR goes against the 2 media supported clubs.

Onto Bournemouth now to go on another incredible winning run.

Yet again Spurs provide to be our nemesis, I knew they'd grab a couple of goals, even more so when I saw that Stones wasn't playing. I'm afraid that Otamendi isn't the answer anymore, shouldn't be in the starting eleven but our failure to sign a Kompany replacement has led to this problem.
Oh well on to the Vitality stadium where it's Bournemouth and the Var team v Manchester City, can't wait.
Ottamendi was outstanding yesterday. They’ve beaten us once in 5 games.

In my opinion, that was the best performance we did under Pep. It was worth every mile driven from and back to London to see how we played yesterday. I've never seen that kind of the whole team high-pitch defending that limited Spurs possession in their own third of the pitch. Even Atletico Madrid from a few years ago didn't manage doing it for all 90 minutes. And we did yesterday. Ruined only by some catastrophic profligacy and cavalier VAR/refeering.

Well said SB. Total domination of a club that supposedly will challenge for the title. Should have been way out of sight by half time. Hopefully in future games we will remember this.

How come Spurs can come to our place and score seemingly unlimited numbers of goals yet when they go to the Scouse shitpit, they're beaten before kick off and don't even bother trying to play the game in the opposition half.

We really did batter Spurs but particularly De Bruyne and Sterling were guilty of moments of greed when better options were available
Has there been an explanation yet as to why VAR was not used for the Rodri incident and if it’s used to spot the handball why not for the pull on Laporte which probably contributed to the handball.
De Bruynes fitness is a concern....in the big games he’s pretty much done after 60 mins and although Aguero took his goal really well I think Jesus gives us more up front with his movement.
I thought Otamendi had really good game.......not really sure sure who was to blame for the goals we conceded.

Would the goal had been disallowed if the score had been say 2nil for either side,I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.