Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

The defence had an off day , and against strikers like Kane and Son there is every chance you get punished , credit Kane and Conte they hatched a plan rode their luck and got the three points , its bound to happen a few times a season , the only reason a lot of posters are throwing their toys out of the pram is because the Dippers are coming into a bit of form, woud rather have a proper title race , blow for blow than a 20pt procession, bring it on.

My bad.. it’s at home!
If it comes to that villas season will be over, stuck in mid table. Whatever slippy says or does will make no difference at all to his players who will already be on the beach and couldn’t give a toss who wins the league

I think squad depth is becoming a problem.

With Jesus and Grealish injured our attacking options look thin.

Yeah and selling Torres hasn’t helped. We suddenly look lighter than the other teams at the top in terms of attacking options.. our bench has looked young recently.

Aside from the period between them scoring and us equalising in which we were good, that was a shitshow all over the pitch and off it with Pep too. You can't concede three at home and not question the defence but I put that down to individual errors(mainly walker) and a bit of a one off, we don't have underlying defensive problems. The worrying thing was the lack of creativity, we barely troubled them, our goals came from a shambolic goalkeeping error and a penalty otherwise they looked comfortable and had the better chances in the game, this is a side barely above mid-table that's been in dogshit form and conceding loads.

If peps going to have us float in crosses to the back post all second half to 4 ft6 foden and Bernardo, why the fuck didn't he stick Delap on to at least offer an aerial threat? We were far too robotic and have shown signs of that for a while now before the last few games where we looked better. if something isn't working, Pep needs to have another option or he needs to loosen the rules, allow his star players more licence to show their individual brilliance to win us the game, continuing to play balls to the back post that hadn't once shown signs of working all game was just throwing the game away. I'd sooner our players take pot shots from 20-30 yards than that.

I said pre match earlier in the week, we cannot drop points before Liverpool do, we've now done that. They'll be a huge momentum shift now for them, I expect them to blow away their next few opponents, it's upto us to step up big after that because we're in danger of putting it in their hands now if we slip up again. A day to forget very quickly.

Yep , no aggression and allowed Kane all the time and space in the world.
The first 2 goals don’t happen if he used his brain but he has been brilliant mostly for us. Foden the invisible man, KDB awful, sterling looked dangerous got tugged and the Rodri KDB gundog midfield was a bizarre pep decision.

The manager had a mare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.